How to hang eBay LEDs?

Vapour1ze

Hi all, I ordered a few of the eBay LED fixtures... I have on already in the basement and it works well. These will be over my 220 in my home office. I want to hang them from the ceiling, which is rougly 5' above the tank. I know these fixtures come with hanging kits but they aren't long enough. I was wondering if anyone had examples they could share? I have to hang 3.

Thank you!

carpetreef75

Premium member
Used adjustable shelving brackets from Menards and was able to experiment with height ,plenty of room off the wall, and shelf space for supplies

jayjerk

Premium member
Add length to the kit. U can hang a shelf and hang from there. U can build a floating canopy. If space permits add hanging post to back of cabinet and over tank

Mny options

edin0009

I used to have those LED's I used a chain and I used a strong key ring to connect the chain and the hanging kit that comes with the fixture , you can get this at and hardware store.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Vapour1ze

I used to have those LED's I used a chain and I used a strong key ring to connect the chain and the hanging kit that comes with the fixture , you can get this at and hardware store.

Used to? May I ask why you switched?

edin0009

I used to have it on my 90 and 75 gallon great LEDs specially if you get the new ones they are WiFi still the same fixture now have a 125 and and I have a metal halide fixture and I added a bunch of LED bars on it. The only thing I can suggest to you don't put them 100% in the beginning I bleached almost everything that I had in my 90

reeferside

This is gold. Exactly how I use to hang my lights back when I had a similar fixture