how to move 245 gallon starphire glass

pringles

i need ideas to move 245gal starphire glass tank ( app weight 600 pounds ...) 72"l X 30"w x26"h from miracle aquarium c.o into my basement it similar to this

ColaAddict

+1. Just make a thread on help date and time and say you got drinks and pizza and a few of us will come by to help.

Herbie

Banned
You might try contating the manufacturer to see how they crate for shipping. The sides are low, so you should be able to tip it on its' side, but without a crate around it, the 4-8 people you will need won't have anything to hold on to. That is an awesome tank by the way. I want to see a mangrove shore into a reef!

pringles

thank, i am waiting for pay pal form Derek from miracle ( they don't accept direct plastic .) it take about 6-8 weeks so i am looking for any source for help in advance to bring into the house b-4 pull the stringer.

jcarlilesiu

Wow, thats going to be a great tank.

I had 4 guys helping carry my 150, and let me tell you it was still a chore.

pringles

i tries to contact some moving c.o & till wait for their respond. This is the most concern cuz i don't want 3k dream tank in my backyard.

mlreef

If you need help let me know. I'm pretty good at moving these things. BADGUS can vouch for me.

agent462

So I can tell you exactly how I moved mine since it's similar.

IMO, don't bother with suction cups. I had purchased 6 suction cups in anticipation of how to move mine and they are still sealed in the box.

Most doors are only 36". My tank was 40" wide and yours is 30" wide. That still only leaves you a total of 6" to get through the door. I flipped my tank on it's side and I'd recommend you do the same. Miracles said there is no problem flipping it on it's side.

The tank will come in a large crate. I took the side of the crate and screwed furniture dollies (that I made) to it. This gave me a large rolling platform. We flipped the tank on it's side onto the platform and we rolled the tank from my garage up to the house.

I had also purchased two sets of shoulder moving straps. We decided this was the easiest and best way to move the tank. So four people strapped up and we hoisted the tank. I also had two people guiding and stabilizing (one in the front and back). Two are really not needed. One person would be nice but in reality the 4 people with the straps could have done it. The shipping weight is 600lbs but the tank will way a bit less because the crate adds significant weight.

If you go to my thread, you'll see pictures of us moving it. It was WAY easier than I was worrying about it being. The straps made it very easy and on it's side you'd never really be able to use suction cups anyway. In short, get 4 people and some shoulder moving straps.

Great tank by the way! Both Craig and Sonny designed their tanks after mine and as far as I know they also love them. Can't wait to see more pictures. Let me know what questions you have and check out my pictures for moving in action.

pringles

Thanks Agent462, i did check your thread it was awesome,where did you got the shoulder straps, my basement is kind walk-out with 5 stairs with 36" wide,the door is 32"wide.

agent462

I bought them from Northern Tool Company. They were relatively cheap.

The 5 stairs will give you a little trouble. You'll probably want more than 4 people then. A piece of rubber could help the straps not slip on the glass and a couple people guiding and keeping it steady going down.

Crooks

I moved my 250gallon starphire with four suction cups and four guys.
Try rental Max they had everything I needed. Its easy.