Hybrid T5/LED settings for Mixed reef

enzo1028

Premium member
I'm looking for some advice for my lighting to really bring out the color in my corals and make them pop.

I set up the Aquatic Life T5 / LED combo over my 120g build. I am using 2 AI Hydra 26's in the fixture. The T5 bulbs I'm using are (front to back) B+, C+, P+, B+. I copied my Hydra schedule from a R2R post on a similar experience. It is posted below along with my T5 schedule from my APEX.

The build is primarily SPS but it is a mixed reef, I also have plenty of zoas, anemones, and other various corals.

Please let me know if you have any experience or advice to help me bring out the color on my coral.

Calc: 420
Alk: 8.2
Mag: 1300

View attachment 25086
View attachment 25085

If the images are too small please view them here: https://imgur.com/a/qJ4oSjX

Last edited:

madjoe

Premium member
Hows your nitrates i get richer colors with higher nitrates. Mine also see more blue light then white . You can blast em with white while your not home for few hrs then hit em with blue . Will have to tweak the time periods for your tank . But biggest color improvement is usually nitrates. Low equals pal specially if alk higher higher nitrates and alk around 8 should get you deeper colors . Also found lots my sos like around 250 par so not crazy blasting it like i used too

enzo1028

Premium member
Nitrates are showing like .2ppm and I overfeed pretty heavily. I am running my refugium light 24/7, so maybe I’ll turn that down. I start to get a ton of algae on my glass when I do that though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk