Hydor FLO Rotating Deflector--anyone use it?

ColaAddict

Does anyone use the Hydor FLO Rotating Deflector in their Nano? I'm thinking of using it. Don't know if it's effective or not.

The reefer

I have it and I like it. It gives flow 360degress. But I have hooked up to a maxijet 900 in a 12g nano. But I also have a nano koralia for extra flow.

misenplace101

I have one a 12nano too with a mj900. It gives a better random flow. I'm not sure if it's enough though may have to add a nano powerhead like reefer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColaAddict

i'm thinking of just the MJ 1200 upgrades to my return pumps and connecting the hydors on them. Or do I still need to buy a separate pump inside.

The reefer

I dont think the maxijet 1200 fits in a 12 g nano. And I have the 265 koralia I believe it is with a mj900. I think the 425 will b to much especially if u have sum corals that don't like a lot of flow

misenplace101

My rotating deflector cause a nice ripple effect at the surface as it spins now with the higher flow of a mj1200 im wondering if that ripple would splash onto my Splash guard causing salt creep. With the mj900 I do have some dead spot and need a second powerhead.

The reefer

Yea me to lol I just bought an rkl with sum extra money I won. Now I want to get another driver from bill and a clam lol

misenplace101

Are you lucky winning money. I came close to the lotto... Just off by 6 numbers. Lol. Did you do your upgrade? What drivers are you using?

The reefer

I have the eln 60-48d I want another on to control the blue separate. How r the fans working? I saw them a radioshack. R they getting out good heat from the LEDs?

misenplace101

The fans are great... They do keep the led and heatsink cool to the touch. Seriously no heat issues and quiet.

xReeFGx

I have one and I feel like it reduces alot of the flow but I still like the way it gives random flow. So I guess its a good trade off.

rattyE36

I have it and I like it. It gives flow 360degress. But I have hooked up to a maxijet 900 in a 12g nano. But I also have a nano koralia for extra flow.
I have one a 12nano too with a mj900. It gives a better random flow. I'm not sure if it's enough though may have to add a nano powerhead like reefer.

I also have a MJ900 and the hydor FLO in my jbj 12 and it seems great! However I do think a powerhead is required. I have a Bio-cube powerhead opposite of the hydor flo and it creates a very nice little current in the tank. I cant wait to see how well it will stimulate some softies!

gig

keep em clean, they tend to get jammed, otherwise for the price, they are worth it.