Hydra 26 LED settings help?

expo703

Just got some new corals today i set acclimation to 80% for 2 weeks starting today.. is that long enough? I also got two RBTA rainbow and rose and I know they need highlight. Corals - montipora frag, torch, hammer right now everything is low level like on the sandbed.. does my lighting seem okay? I want the blues to turn on around 9am - 9pm then total blackness what bout the other colors any help i'm totally new thanks! BTA is doing great the other is hiding in the rockworks should I try to fish him out?

i have 3 hydra 26's 72x18x24 tank plan on getting more sps once I figure this out

http://s10.postimg.org/jc001da55/Capture.png

Irsug1

Premium member
I don't think you have enough light for that size of tank. I have 2 over a 36x18x18 at 100 percent on almost all channels and it's not enough Par.

mikenh77

I agree with the comment above. I have the same size tank with 4 hydra 52 HDs... off the top of my head the max I run them is around: UV 40, Purple 50, RB 80, Blue, 70, Green 30, Red 30, White 50. Seems to be my sweet spot for corals. I don't think you would need to acclimate them with the settings you have them at, they might even be at lower PAR than what they were at in the LFS.

expo703

well i used these settings i saw on rc and turned off acclimation everyone said 3 26's should be okay i could purchase another one? I do plan on doing some sps but it won't be a sps dominated tank lunar time 9:30pm - 12:00 am weather chicago, ramp time 1:00

uv day 15
violet day 65
db day 100
rb day 100
green 32
red 15
white 47

nite is all 0 expect 6 on db

should I try that out or a while?

mikenh77

What kind of coral are you doing? If it's Softies or LPS you don't have to worry about acclimating them with that light. If you're happy with the lights as they are you don't need to get one lol. I don't want to tell you to go out and spend another $300!!! But if I were you I would probably sneak one or two more in.

expo703

I currently I want to do everything.. SPS & LPS..currently have Torch, hammer, two small montipora frags. Plan on doing some acro's, monti caps, toadstool, etc whatever I can get my hands on :) I do have two RBTA currently I know they need alot of light.. I changed my settings to Zibba settings seen here :

View attachment 13591

Last edited: