hydrogen peroxide for algea control?????!!!!

i have something like that on some of my corals :: i dont want to use phosphates reactor i try to use it with sps tips burned my phosphates are at 0 nitrates 0

not my pic

Tangency

That looks like diatoms to me.
I would move the birdsnest temporarily to higher flow.

Diatom algae require silicates to grow. Are you sing RO water? Silicate may be present in your tap water and may be the source of the problem. If your water supply has moderate dissolved silicates (3-4ppm), you will likely see them in the lower-light areas of the tank. Using reverse osmosis instead of tap water can be a good way to fix the problem. Another way is to remove silicates with phosphate removers such as Seachem’s PhosGuard, Phosban, ect.

A good maintenance routine and regular water changes will help lot. In established tank, if a brown algae bloom is followed by cyano, your problem is dissolved organics compounds in the water and a good skimmer will help remove them. If you maintain good water quality, in time (weeks to a few months) the diatoms are likely to die back or even disappear. Diatoms don’t have a firm attachment to the rock work so they can be cleaned off easily through siphoning. A good way to control their growth is to remove as mush as you can during water changes.

ty uys i stoped with gfo cause dieoffs on tips of my sps, i will concentrate on water changes im doing them right now but every 2 weeks like 20%, i have a reef octopus ext 160, i dont want to use gfo cause i got 0 phosphates in water only carbon, maybe the dry rock i put in with upgard to 120 have some silicates in it

Cubbies

I would hold off on the dip. All you need is more water changes(make sure its at 0 tds), and I would say more water flow. You probably need to re-stock your clean up crew as well as they also contribute to cleaning diatoms. I used the dip today but I needed longer hair algae off some frags I have.

is it removing or bonding phosphates the vitamin c ???
ok so vitamin C, gfo, vodka whats more effective with less side effects??????

Pufferpunk

VC feeds nitrification bacteria, lowering your nitrate & phosphate. Also rebuilds collagen in your corals & fish, for healthier, more colorful, faster-growing animals.

i never had answerd quastion whats safer C, GFO, Vodka, and side effects ? i think there is not to many taht using vitaminC

pringles

i had the same problem with my young sps tank ( 8 weeks old ), i used algaefix marine &the problem solved for the apply ,& my tank right now very clean . I love that stuffs.

any other products without affects on mostly sps tank when i used gfo even half dosage brs recomended i burn tips on sps my phosphates at 0 api i will order hana tomorrow to make sure i need something to get rid of cyno and red slime ?

for right now i have:
Vitamin C- 1
Gfo- 0
Vodka- 0
Algeafix- 1
votes

anyone with some expirience

unreal

Carbon dosing will probably not help with cyano. I would suggest more flow in the affected areas and ho lights out for a day or two. Also how are you feeding the tank e

plenty of flow in tank around 40x turnover, rods coral food every 4 -5 days, im feeding my fish every day and some phyto also every 4-5 days

people that start using vodka vinegar sugar seems to have great results with adition aa to the water ??? who dosing that mixture????

FishBeard

Honestly, clean water, good reef salt, regular maintenance and top off, and 2-part dosing daily seem to be enough to keep my tank happy. I tried the vc thing and didn't notice a difference, I'm on the fence about getting my tank drunk ;-) and believe the less chemicals you pour in your tank, the less variables to keep track of.