Hyposaline System Question

ColaAddict

I'm thinking of setting up a hyposalinity system FOWLR because I'm planning to add a few new fishes and avoid diseases like ich and have a few questions:
1. How long do I drip acclimate new additions to a Specific Gravity of 1.009
2. Will my protein skimmer work with such a low salinity
3. How slowly do I bring the salinity back up to 1.023

SkullV

I am personally am doing Hypo QT at the moment. You don't drip acclimate to the salinity, do it through a process. I would recommend adding the fish and then dropping the salinity. Here's a good link to do it. http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/fish-diseases-treatments/23131-hyposalinity-treatment-process.html
Yep. and to your other questions:

Your skimmer will work and you should bring up salinity ~.002 a day. Most just top off with salt water instead of fresh to achieve this.

Pufferpunk

You cannot do hypo with LR or LS, it will crash the entire biological bacteria & cause a huge ammonia spike. It must be dome in a bare tank.

ColaAddict

Everything would be a new set up. new sand, new rocks cycling in a big tupperware right now, used to be live rocks that were allowed to dry. no pods or other inverts yet. So I thought I could set up my system as a hypo system immediately and just slowly add fish.