I can't believe I did this again...

jrwoltman

Say hello to my little friend... I can't believe I actually bought one of these, after I vowed to never do it again. LMAO!!!

jrwoltman

So why did you do it? I've got one in a refugium, away from others.
Last had three of them, two years ago in my 75. I have an aggressive strawberry pseudochromis and an aggressive royal gramma (can you believe it?). The pseudochromis literally harassed/chased a firefish to his ultimate jumping demise. Therefore, I needed a little prick who could handle the pressure. Enter the ubiquitous yellow tail damsel. Can you believe it took me three LFS to find one? LMAO!!!

jrwoltman

lol im pretty sure if you posted a wanted ad someone wouldve gladly given you theirs maybe even delivered it.
Probably, LOL!!! Thank God, I only paid 15 cents for it. Yes, 15 cents. I had a $5.00 Petco reward to spend. The fish was only 4.99, so I had to buy a 16 cent cricket to make it above the $5.00 threshold. I told the clerk to pay the cricket forward to the next customer who needed one, LOL...

madjoe

Premium member
Those things dont die i have three of them bought em as fish to cycle my rock faster they survived extremely cold water for three days as i un plugged heater after i took rock out. After that they earned my respect and the right to live in main tank lol . Had few yrs now and honestly they more aggressive towards each other then any one else plus that bright blue is a awsome color

jrwoltman

Those things dont die i have three of them bought em as fish to cycle my rock faster they survived extremely cold water for three days as i un plugged heater after i took rock out. After that they earned my respect and the right to live in main tank lol . Had few yrs now and honestly they more aggressive towards each other then any one else plus that bright blue is a awsome color
Yeah, I wanted something bulletproof, so when he gets harassed, he can stand up for himself. And, you are right, that color really pops!

madjoe

Premium member
Yeah, I wanted something bulletproof, so when he gets harassed, he can stand up for himself. And, you are right, that color really pops!
Yea its funny these r the first saltwater fish i seen in person as a child yet i did not know what they were . I was about 5yrs old and we would go to florida i would chase these bright blue fish at the beach only to find out later u can buy em cheap lol people hate em but idk i like em hopefully little guy does good for u

wrasse

Last had three of them, two years ago in my 75. I have an aggressive strawberry pseudochromis and an aggressive royal gramma (can you believe it?). The pseudochromis literally harassed/chased a firefish to his ultimate jumping demise. Therefore, I needed a little prick who could handle the pressure. Enter the ubiquitous yellow tail damsel. Can you believe it took me three LFS to find one? LMAO!!!
post pics when you have all of them together. Those are all the fish it seems people have to remove to keep other fish alive. They will probably do great together.

madjoe

Premium member
I do have to say the blue with the yellow tails ones like u have r same as ones i have and r calmer now the all blue devil ones they r mean just in case somebody takes my word that damsels r cool i wanna cover my arse and point out im reffering to the one in the pic th op posted

jrwoltman

i don't understand why you vowed to never buy a damsel? Did you have issues with one before?
I put 3 yellow tail damsels (the less aggressive damsels, LOL) into my old 75 gallon tank, two years ago and they were mean as hell. They were/are highly territorial and would attack any fish who blundered into their area. They harassed and killed a handful of much more expensive fish (they cost $5) in that tank. In spite of that, they are dazzlingly beautiful and very busy out and about fish. I needed a fish with a little aggression to survive my current tank situation, so here we are.

- - - Updated - - -

post pics when you have all of them together. Those are all the fish it seems people have to remove to keep other fish alive. They will probably do great together.
Will do. Right now he is still being cowed by my strawberry pseudochromis. Hopefully, I didn't get the one in a thousand passive yellow tail damsels, LOL. :bawling:

Choseneball

I have two damsels with yellow tails and they are the least aggressive in my tank. I have a royal gramma that chases them out of his territory all the time.

SteveV

You guys are killing me! I'm looking for some bright colors.. Might have to find one.. Have a few tangs.. They won't screw with them will they?

xj_matt

Premium member
You guys are killing me! I'm looking for some bright colors.. Might have to find one.. Have a few tangs.. They won't screw with them will they?
Look for the Neon damsels they're more passive black strip on top neon blew body and yellow anal fins