I guess I'm a nerd!

charris24

I picked up an Apex Jr system this week and I ordered a wireless bridge and I have a controller on the way. My wife thought I was a little too excited over the capabilities of the Apex system. I'm excited to start adding more on...slowly. If you don't have an Apex or are on the fence about it, make the leap. It takes a little work to set up port forwarding and getting wireless control but the system is amazing! I love being able to control it from my phone, and monitor it as well. Next step find out how to hook my DIY LED light to a module.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charris24

Thanks guys! Figuring out how to hook my lights up might be outsourced :) I believe the light I have was built by skullv...maybe. Chances are I'm gonna load this apex up this year!

maazreef

I picked up an Apex Jr system this week and I ordered a wireless bridge and I have a controller on the way. My wife thought I was a little too excited over the capabilities of the Apex system. I'm excited to start adding more on...slowly. If you don't have an Apex or are on the fence about it, make the leap. It takes a little work to set up port forwarding and getting wireless control but the system is amazing! I love being able to control it from my phone, and monitor it as well. Next step find out how to hook my DIY LED light to a module.

Welcome to the club Chris! It's a piece of mind. Makes me feel comfortable being away from my tank. I can't wait for them to come out with probes to test nitrates and or phosphates. That would be amazing :)
I need to join the geek club
You are missing out my friend.

anarchy

Welcome to the club Chris! It's a piece of mind. Makes me feel comfortable being away from my tank. I can't wait for them to come out with probes to test nitrates and or phosphates. That would be amazing :)

You are missing out my friend.
Just wait until tax returns! I told her before we go on vacation this summer I expect a dosing pump and full apex system

charris24

Manny I know you can't take this route currently but I wait till she is drunk on the weekend to tell her what I got. And let me tell you, I've been spending too much money on booze!

morleyz

I love my Apex, although I ended up having to cable it as I kept having problems with it disconnecting from the network. It usually would happen right when I needed to control something (like start a feed cycle) and then I would be annoyed that I had to use the little display and buttons. Has been rock solid since I switched to wired though and I don't know how I ever lived without it.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Maybe one of you guys can help me. I bought a wireless gaming adapter and tried to connect it to my Apex so I cold use their Fushion website. I could never get the thing to work. For those of you guys using Fusion and are not hardwired to a modem how are you doing it?

charris24

What adapter did you get? I got a tp link based off feedback for size and ease of use. I installed it, hooked it up and followed the directions to set up a bridge connection

Darienreefs7

Maybe one of you guys can help me. I bought a wireless gaming adapter and tried to connect it to my Apex so I cold use their Fushion website. I could never get the thing to work. For those of you guys using Fusion and are not hardwired to a modem how are you doing it?
What gaming adapter did you get? I need one for my apex too- I was looking into the netgear one.

charris24

What gaming adapter did you get? I need one for my apex too- I was looking into the netgear one.
Tp-link tl-wr702n works great for me. The actual unit is probably 2 inches by 2 inches. Very small and relatively easy to set up. I've had it less then a week and I have had zero issues.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
I bought a Linksys Wireless-B Gaming Adapter, can't seem to get the Apex to be recognized on Fusion.

charris24

I bought a Linksys Wireless-B Gaming Adapter, can't seem to get the Apex to be recognized on Fusion.
Did you get a link token code yet? On the Apex browse utility you should have the option to link apex to fusion, maybe on the top left of the dashboard.