I have question!

youngreef

I bought an JBJ ATO on here from a member, like a month ago,
never set it up because my tank was not ready at that time,
the post said, good condition, I paid $50 and drove almost an hour to pick it up,
I set it up last night, and found out the the unit is not working right, it kept turn off and on, I cleaned it and still have the same problem,
ran out purchased a new aqualifter pump replace the old one, still have the same problem, the JBJ kept on and off, no water pump, just drop by drop and stopped.
tired and frustrated, I tried to contact the seller, I know he is a nice person and has a small business(selling corals), He read the texts but not reply,
Hope he is busy, not trying to ignore me,
what should I do,
please advise,
thanks

youngreef

This seller told me he sells this ATO for his friend, so he may not know this unit is not working! I guessed!

tinman

and another thing to consider is the height at which you are dispersing the water and from where its picking it up if using an aqualifter ..

Aqualifter description says 3 feet but over 1.5 feet aqua lifter only gets drops out ..

Did you try calling the seller ?

madjoe

Premium member
Yea jbj ato times out a aqu lifter wont work with them trust me i found out this on my pony tank . I used same ato for yrs but always used a big pump never had issues

madjoe

Premium member
Also theres two ways to set up the sensors mode a mode b one way is the second sensor is a low water level to kill power to the ato pump so it dont run dry second way is a safty for over fill level in case first sensor fails

youngreef

Thanks guys, will try it again, hope this time i can figure out something,
if not will come back and post more questions, lol
thanks
Matt