I need a UV sterilizer that i can rent please

eddie240

Hi, i posting this thread in search of a uv sterilizer rental;, one of my fish got ick, and i am not wanting it to spread over to my other fish.Thank you.:pray:

javiersito91

Uv sterelizers wont make the ich go away from your fish uv's will kill ich in your tank but not in your fish u got to QT that fish and try to make it go away making sure he eats or reccur to medicines like cooper

bjohanson1234

I would also say that if you want to rid the tank of ich, you need to get all the fish out of it into a QT, treat the QT for ich, and leave the display tank fishless for at least 8 weeks. This will break the life cycle of the ich in the tank.

Also, many fish can fight off the parasite if the water quality is good, and they aren't stressed and are eating well.

Stress is most commonly caused by bad water quality, over crowded tanks, fish getting bullied, or recently being moved. Eliminate any of those problems, and the fish has a good chance of fighting it off. The ich will still be present, but it won't be showing.

eddie240

ok thanks. What is hypo? also i wanted to add this marine no- ick to my tank, with garlic, and uv sterilizer. do you think that will work. or should i take to my local fish store(Aquatica) and let them keep the fish in the big qt system that they have. Another thing, if i would take them out how would i take out if they go and hide all the time. wont that stress them out even more.

eddie240

I kno that the uv sterilizer kills the free floating ick, thats what the garlic is for, so that they can eat it and that keeps their immune system up for as long as the ick needs to drop from the body. once it drops it will then become free floating, and thats were the uv sterilizer come to place.

Cubbies

ok thanks. What is hypo? also i wanted to add this marine no- ick to my tank, with garlic, and uv sterilizer. do you think that will work. or should i take to my local fish store(Aquatica) and let them keep the fish in the big qt system that they have. Another thing, if i would take them out how would i take out if they go and hide all the time. wont that stress them out even more.
I kno that the uv sterilizer kills the free floating ick, thats what the garlic is for, so that they can eat it and that keeps their immune system up for as long as the ick needs to drop from the body. once it drops it will then become free floating, and thats were the uv sterilizer come to place.
Here is a good link explaining Hyposalinity.http://atj.net.au/marineaquaria/hyposalinity.html Always remember there is NO reef safe medication for it and there is nothing that is proven to cure ich but Hyposalinity and copper at 99.99% of the time. I am telling you this because I will be tearing up my tank within the next day or so and will be removing my fish. A couple of them got ich so I have to QT now. I've been doing alot of research and that has become my only obvious option.

noduh

maybe you should use vc hahahahahaha that never works i would pull the fish out and hyposalinity them

javiersito91

+1 cubbies

If all ur fish have ich your only chance is to try cooper or hyposalanity but dont do it on your display cause it will kill your corals unless you had a FO tank

Jep21

this also might work.. You can get a cleaner shrimp and it'll have a good time eating up all the ich parasite frm ur fish.. But its a 50/50 though

ColorMeCorals

First what fish has ich and what other fish are you concerned about? What size is your tank and is it a reef full of coral and inverts?

This has a lot to do with what I would do.
Hi, i posting this thread in search of a uv sterilizer rental;, one of my fish got ick, and i am not wanting it to spread over to my other fish.Thank you.:pray:

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
this also might work.. You can get a cleaner shrimp and it'll have a good time eating up all the ich parasite frm ur fish.. But its a 50/50 though
Cleaner shrimp cannot get to ich because the parasite is buried into the flesh.

Jep21

Hey eric, with ich isnt it if its in the early stage the cleaner shrimp can get to it but once its buried in the fish they cnt get it..

javiersito91

+1 pufferpunk

You got to choose from either or cant use both at the same time hyposalanity has to be well controlled to be able to make effect

EricTheRed

Hey eric, with ich isnt it if its in the early stage the cleaner shrimp can get to it but once its buried in the fish they cnt get it..
Many people think the white spots on the fish are the actual parasite, they aren't. The white spot is caused on the fish's tissue from the parasite burrowing into the fish, sort of like an ant hill. The cleaner shrimp cannot get to the buried parasite.

EricTheRed

I would also say that if you want to rid the tank of ich, you need to get all the fish out of it into a QT, treat the QT for ich, and leave the display tank fishless for at least 8 weeks. This will break the life cycle of the ich in the tank. .
Excellent advice. If 1 fish has ich, you should assume that ALL of them have it and QT them all. Even if you don't see white spots that doesn't mean the fish doesn't have ich. Most ich on a healthy and unstressed fish will be in the gills where you can't see it anyway. If you want to totally remove ich from your system, you should not put the fish back into your dt for at least 8-11 weeks from the point you took them out. As bjohanson says, you need to make sure all of the cysts have gone through their life cycles and died out.

Think of caterpillars and butterflies. If the ich is the butterfly and you kill all the ich with treatment, there are still cysts (caterpillars) running around in your tank that need to turn into ich and eventually die because they have no host fish. I've seen research that suggests a total of 11 weeks but I've also heard 8 weeks.