I need LED advice

ColaAddict

To all the LED experts out there, I'm thinking of getting LED's for my tank. I have a 90gal Corner tank. Dimensions are about 30 x 30 x 30 inches, so I need LED that can penetrate about 30inches down with good PAR. Any suggestions on which to buy. I'm looking at the LED system that BRS sells, not sure if that's enough. I don't have alot of space at the top of my tank, because it's triangular shaped. Any advice would be apreciated.

Smitty

Premium member
I'm no expert, and I just got my Led(Ecolab 60D) light for my tank, but what I can tell you is pay attn to the light spread also that the fixture gives off...of course the higher the fixture the better the spread, but also the lower the par reading too. I have my led mounted on the ceiling(3ft) from the water surface) and it's giving off the same brightness and intensity that my MH did when it was (1ft) from the water surface. And of course, bo heat issue, so I'm very happy with it.

scotty

don't worry about getting light low, optics will get that down no problem, just gotta be careful about spread like stated earlier.:marchmellow: