I nominate MAI for the next TOTM !!!

bryman

+1 on the inspiration from Mai and his methods. I had the privilege of seeing his tank recently and by far it's one of the nicest I've ever seen in person. There's no doubt he has the magic touch, but interestingly enough he uses simple methods. He makes his own 3 part for dosing, and also doses vodka and acropower. He runs a skimmer and has some mangroves growing in the refugium. This is similar to how I used to run my tank when it looked the best pre-crash. After seeing this, I decided to go back closer to my original methods, and dump biopellets for vodka once again.

- Bryman

Thedg

Mai really is one of a kind in this hobby. He is one of the kindest and most generous reefers I have met. His tank is inspiring!
+1 vote.

maidia

Team CR
OK guys thank you very much for nominate my tank but I am really sure my tank can not be the TOTM.. If it was before September 2012, then I will accept this nominate. Right now corals still grow out nothing special. Please nominate other reefer and thank for your all nice word. One day I will.

jm23

OK guys thank you very much for nominate my tank but I am really sure my tank can not be the TOTM.. If it was before September 2012, then I will accept this nominate. Right now corals still grow out nothing special. Please nominate other reefer and thank for your all nice word. One day I will.
I think the only way you will calm the horde forming is to do a full write up on your system anyway and reveal all your little trade secrets ;).

I understand wanting to wait for the TOTM until the reef is more mature, but TOTM is more then just a tank with large colonies or the most rare corals, it is about a pattern of success and growth, it is about community involvement, and it is about sharing your methods of success with others. But, I still understand wanting to wait and we can honor that as a community. If you do have the time, all joking aside, we would love to hear about your methods that make your tank successful. Thanks Mai, we look forward to seeing your tank in a year or two as TOTM.