Ich treatment Help

Mr.Ghostly

I currently a couple of fish have Ich in my tank and I currently have a tank coming thanks to Fishbread. But me question is what would be the best way to because I have read about hypo-salinity but is it the best way?

I prefer it over meds for parasites and ich. There are some fish that can't be treated with copper, like Mandarins and Angels so hypo is the safer option and they won't lose their appetite.

Yup....this looks good.

I keep salinity at 1.05 though. Just to be sure that any evap doesn't raise my salinity. It also raises the amount of disolved oxygen in the water, but that's just my preference.

Mr.Ghostly

Yup....this looks good.

I keep salinity at 1.05 though. Just to be sure that any evap doesn't raise my salinity. It also raises the amount of disolved oxygen in the water, but that's just my preference.
How should I run it? like a normal tank without the skimmer and sand and rock and power heads because its a drilled tank I'm buying

It should be a plain tank with filtration, heater and hiding places for the fish. Barebottom with no frills. Watch ammonia and keep up with frequent water changes. It should be as basic as possible.

Mr.Ghostly

It should be a plain tank with filtration, heater and hiding places for the fish. Barebottom with no frills. Watch ammonia and keep up with frequent water changes. It should be as basic as possible.
So like a filtration that you would get from a Freshwater tank like that biowheel thingy?

I personally would use copper. Hyposalinity, if done correctly, is very easy on the fish but tough on you. It's VERY hard to keep up with the water changes. Personally, I would just use copper and try to cycle the tank as fast as possible (Biopira or other bacteria additive).