Igwami aquascape freshwater planted tank

MMreef

Hi, since this is not reef related, I posted in lounge. My 12 gal. long will be set up as a freshwater planted tank, with igwami layout. Basically stones and short carpet grass. I have to aquascapes that I like the most from what I did, please give me your opinion which one you like better.
Thanks. :) , sorry added #3

[/url]igwami aquascape 2 by Mark Mikina, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]igwami aquascape by Mark Mikina, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]igwami aquascape 3 by Mark Mikina, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:

Fish_wiz2

Huge fan of #3, depending on what type of carpet, the left set of stones adds more symmetry for a DBT or monte carlo carpet.

MMreef

Thanks for help guys, funny think is when I added substrate and started playing more with rocks I come up with something totally different , and I like it the best. Let me know if you agree. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Huge fan of #3, depending on what type of carpet, the left set of stones adds more symmetry for a DBT or monte carlo carpet.
I am thinking just as you said , either DBT or monte carlo, not sure yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw I have the same tank and im wondering what your going to do for lighting
Right now I have Zetlight led fixture for planted tanks, I like how slim it is and fully waterproof. Will see how it grows my plants, if so ,so then I will have to look for different light. I do want to stay with LED though.

madjoe

Premium member
Thanks for help guys, funny think is when I added substrate and started playing more with rocks I come up with something totally different , and I like it the best. Let me know if you agree. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I am thinking just as you said , either DBT or monte carlo, not sure yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Right now I have Zetlight led fixture for planted tanks, I like how slim it is and fully waterproof. Will see how it grows my plants, if so ,so then I will have to look for different light. I do want to stay with LED though.
That one looks more natural i love it

Fish_wiz2

New scape is sharp! I like it. Personally would recommend monte carlo, DBT are hard to source and get going. Then again I have both in my tank....

Fish_wiz2

No problem, as you can see, monte carlo is the left front side carpet and DBT is the right front although my DBT likes to grow both up and across.

madjoe

Premium member
Appreciate it Joe, need something to do while I'm at school and the koi pond is offline for the winter lol
Yea i have a small pond now had to remove all fish for winter i didnt realize how many fish i had holey heck. Funny thing is water stays crystal clear in the tank haha
id put real plants but they would probably just eat it i watched a big guy accidently swallow a little fuy while eating was funny as heck poor little fella rip

fishtank44

Yea i have a small pond now had to remove all fish for winter i didnt realize how many fish i had holey heck. Funny thing is water stays crystal clear in the tank haha
id put real plants but they would probably just eat it i watched a big guy accidently swallow a little fuy while eating was funny as heck poor little fella rip
42 fish's in totally lol.

MMreef

Got some plants today , two containers of monte carlo and one dwarf hairgrass. Two hours of work total , cleaning, separating and planting plants. Let's see what happens next. This is my first planted tank, did tons of research but no experience.

[/url]plants by Mark Mikina, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]plants 2 by Mark Mikina, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]plants 3 by Mark Mikina, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]planted 3 by Mark Mikina, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]planted 1 by Mark Mikina, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]planted 2 by Mark Mikina, on Flickr[/IMG]