IlliniJoe's Biocube 29 Tank Thread

Illinijoe

TeamCR
Wanted to share my tank and build. Will update over time. Thanks to all for the help in getting started. This has been great so far.

June 2016
View attachment 17153

June 12, 2016 Clowns Hosting Anemone for the First TIme
View attachment 17209View attachment 17210

Tank and Equipment
Oceanic Biocube 29
Ecoxotic Stunner LED 12" strips - 2 White, 2 Blue, 1 Magenta
Dual Ramp Timer
Nano Koralia 425
Nano Koralia 240

Sump
http://www.chicagoreefs.com/forums/showthread.php/30616-Biocube-29-With-Overflow-and-Sump-Setup
Eshopps RS 75
Eshopps PF-300
Rio 1700 Pump
Poly Reactor 20/20
Aqueon Pro 100W Heater
Innovative Marine Aqua Gadget SkinMate Protein Skimmer

Fish and Inverts
Yellow Watchman Goby
Trochus Snails x 5
Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
ORA 3rd Generation Picasso Clowns x 2
Zebra Turbo Snail
Emerald Crab
Six Line Wrasse
Green Bubble Tip Anemone

Coral
Purple Tip Hammer Coral
Stiggy Marley Zoa
Utter Chaos Zoa
Scrambled Eggs Zoa
Green Star Polyp
Dragon Eye Zoa
Green Candy Cane Coral
Tyree Green Toadstool
Incredible Hulk Acan

Last edited:

Fish_wiz2

I like it, my only concern is the rocks are way too close to (if not on) the side glass. This is not an issue since your tank is so new but once coralline and algae start coming in, you'll hate it. I had to redo my old 29BC since I just couldn't clean the sides and it looked so bad after leaving it for awhile.

Illinijoe

TeamCR
I like it, my only concern is the rocks are way too close to (if not on) the side glass. This is not an issue since your tank is so new but once coralline and algae start coming in, you'll hate it. I had to redo my old 29BC since I just couldn't clean the sides and it looked so bad after leaving it for awhile.
thanks for the input. Hard to tell from the pic but i left just enough room on the sides to fit a magnet or a scraper in to clean it. Was a lessons learned from the 12 gallon nano where I had the rocks up against the glass :)

jrwoltman

live rock and live sand. started 2 months ago. you can do it though your new rock is so nice and large will be hard to get some live rock in there too.
40-60 lbs of live sand and there are spaces in the back of the cave where I can put some seed rock.