I'm looking to get one

tinman

I want a nano reef. Does anyone know were I can find one for a decent price? PM me
Start with atleast a 30, you would rub out of space real fast with small tanks and then comes the water chemistry. Bigger tanks are much stable and let corals grow faster and healthier.

Neebles

Start with atleast a 30, you would rub out of space real fast with small tanks and then comes the water chemistry. Bigger tanks are much stable and let corals grow faster and healthier.
I agree. I started with an 18g and hated the lack of room and stocking options. I would get the biggest you have room for and can afford to purchase and maintain.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I'm with the rest of the people here. Don't go small (smaller than 20 gallons) for your first tank. The fluctuations in parameters will be a nightmare. The bigger the tank, the more room for errors (I have a 220 gallon a take a pee into it every night with no issues...Just kidding). Bet seriously, if you don't want to drive yourself crazy, get something bigger than 20 gallons. Also, something with a sump is ideal. This is not a cheap hobby if you want to do it successfully.