IM Nuvo 10

Mark1313

Started the tank Nov 10th.
Build:
IM 10 Nuvo Fusion

InTank media basket (FF, chemi blue, chemi blue)
Chamber 2: LR chunk, purigen, neo therm 50 heater
Chamber 3: Autoaqua micro ato, pump

Lighting : Kessil A80 (I don't care for all the blue, looking to move into AI prime/HD, coral box moon, or a nanobox mini)

Flow: mj900 with a vca rfg

Livestock : 2 clowns, 1 sexy shrimp

Coral: Lepto, orange frog, hammer, favia, shroomz, paly, zoa, acans, toadstool, candy cane, blasto.

Maintenance : FF every 4 days, WC 40% weekly, chemi every 3 weeks, purigen every 6 weeks. I use LFS water (works for me, I'm capable of testing)
I'm totally thinking of a skimmer for the mid chamber, I have a couple in mind. I know I overfeed so I may play safe with the skimmer.

The build went pretty smooth, I had a skunk cleaner in my 6.6 (long story). 2 weeks after it's move to the 10 it went Hari Kari over the edge. So far the only loss.

Only previous tank was a 6.6 SR Aquaristik.
Cycle (not much) was a piece of LR from my 6.6 gal., new (to me) dry rock, stability for 8 days. On day 8 I moved the coral, liverock, and inverts over from my 6.6.
Week 3 new coral frags went in.
Week 4 new coral frags went in.
Week 5 fish & 2 trochus went in.
Week 6 cuc went in.
I was never a fan of cubes, until I bought this. It's pretty nice. I won't buy another cube but the ability to upgrade the IM and the room between the 6.6 & the 10gal is insane. I struggled constantly with the 6.6. Life is so much easier now, plus a lot nicer looking.

So things I'm proud of today. 80% of my coral is from CR reefers, thank you. I've met great people and learned a lot. I was able to see some beautiful tanks. Trying for 100% CR coral only, but an online dealer had a sale that hit every single want that I had.
I'll name drop, cause I don't care, I appreciate ppl that help me and others. In no particular order, Jim, Jacky, Kim, Wojtek, Tom, Victor Tony, Bryan.Things that have helped my struggles are research, patience, and the 2 friends at Reef Plus.

Apologies for the crap pics. Old Note 3. Maybe I'll upgrade sometime. I'll try some natural light pics tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N900T using TapatalkView attachment 24615

Last edited:

Mark1313

Oh. My cuc is snails only, I hate crabs. I have a carryover porcelain crab (Lil Bastard)
It kills things. It eats things I don't want it to eat. I hate it.
It won't die, I can't catch it. Been in my tanks for 6 months. Came as a hitchhiker day 1. Bastard

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Mjl714

Oh. My cuc is snails only, I hate crabs. I have a carryover porcelain crab (Lil Bastard)
It kills things. It eats things I don't want it to eat. I hate it.
It won't die, I can't catch it. Been in my tanks for 6 months. Came as a hitchhiker day 1. Bastard

Have tried some type of bated trap? We made one out of a 1 liter bottle, bated with krill for Peppermint shrimps. In your case, Perhaps a bottle where one end is a funnel shape, maybe crab goes in and can’t get out.

Mark1313

Have tried some type of bated trap? We made one out of a 1 liter bottle, bated with krill for Peppermint shrimps. In your case, Perhaps a bottle where one end is a funnel shape, maybe crab goes in and can’t get out.
I have did better research and you are exactly correct.
The problem is, I hate the thing but I really don't want to kill it... I've killed enough things in my 6.6 on accident. For the Lil Bastard to survive, kinda cool. I've seen it dragging a coral frag back into its "house" and my first words are... You Sob! But then I kinda laugh. Plus I'm not stocking the omg $$$$ stick coral. Or a silly name zoa. I just like my casual stuff. So if the Bastard grabs something, I'm not losing the farm.

Mjl714

I have did better research and you are exactly correct.
The problem is, I hate the thing but I really don't want to kill it... I've killed enough things in my 6.6 on accident. For the Lil Bastard to survive, kinda cool. I've seen it dragging a coral frag back into its "house" and my first words are... You Sob! But then I kinda laugh. Plus I'm not stocking the omg $$$$ stick coral. Or a silly name zoa. I just like my casual stuff. So if the Bastard grabs something, I'm not losing the farm.

Great approach. Perfect attitude.

Mark1313

Better than my usual lousy pics. I bought a used nanobox, waiting on the guy to mail it. In the meantime, the kessil has grown on me, it isn't bad.
I overfeed and want to add a ycg, so I bought a eshopps nano skimmer. Should be here Friday or Sat.

Mark1313

A bit of aiptasia. A bit of bubble algae. All results of me overfeeding. Thanks to all for the frags, I'm 90% chireefs coral only. I removed and added to get me there.

So I'm gonna grab a couple of berghia nudibranch and an emerald to get those problems under control. My feeding is what it is.

Mark1313

Tapatalk doesn't make my pics sideways but I can't log in that app. Stupid old phone problems. Hopefully someone sees it and turns the pics for me lol thx ahead of time