IM spin-stream

SkullV

Decided to set up the tank? I have heard they click especially at first when a biofilm is building up.

Joe Lydon

Decided to set up the tank? I have heard they click especially at first when a biofilm is building up.
Si. Fiance called me some bad names for dumping it so cheap. Then, she brought home some r/o water and told me to set it up! Alright, it's not super loud. I just wasn't sure if that was the norm.

Joe Lydon

I have two on jbj 28 they don't click at all glad I bought them
What kind of flow is running through them? Mine sounds like the gear tensioner is clicking on every tooth. Did yours ever make noise?

Is there a break in period?

Last edited:

Venom

Premium member
I actually had one that was bad return it worked for 5 days than just stop wouldn't move at all without grinding.I run 266 gph pumps with no problems for six months

Joe Lydon

I actually had one that was bad return it worked for 5 days than just stop wouldn't move at all without grinding.I run 266 gph pumps with no problems for six months
Thanks for the info! I think I'm going to send this one back, it's been making noise since it was installed.

Venom

Premium member
Sure sounds bad but they are a great product I read the reviews of the hydor and they weren't very good

Joe Lydon

I definitely like what it does, but I can do without the noise, especially if it's not supposed to be there. I'm gonna try for a replacement.