Indo Shipments Shut Down

goat585

Administrator
Another area has been shut down from collecting livestock for the Aquarium trade. It is becoming more and more important that we continue to trade and frag corals and working toward captive raised fishes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

GugsJr

TeamCR
I agree! With Hawaii and Indo closed off I'm sure Aussie is next.

What effects do you all think this will have on the hobby?

I'm sure some corals will go up in price. Fishes are going see a rise for sure. I asked about a golden dwarf eel and it's being harder to find.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bommie

I agree! With Hawaii and Indo closed off I'm sure Aussie is next.

What effects do you all think this will have on the hobby?

I'm sure some corals will go up in price. Fishes are going see a rise for sure. I asked about a golden dwarf eel and it's being harder to find.

I had asked about that eel too. Diversden had one for $399. I remember seeing them for $200 before the shutdown. I also agree that Aussie will be next. Who knows, we might begin to trade coral amongst us more. The fish is another story.

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk

GugsJr

TeamCR
I had asked about that eel too. Diversden had one for $399. I remember seeing them for $200 before the shutdown. I also agree that Aussie will be next. Who knows, we might begin to trade coral amongst us more. The fish is another story.

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk
I had a quote for $150 before and now they are having trouble locating them.

Hopefully they can start captive breeding more fish.

Funlad3

This has nothing to do with fish, as almost none of them are regulated by CITES permits. Many snails, crabs, and other inverts are also going to be unaffected. Corals will definitely be harder to come by out of Indonesia for a while. Expect to see more unusual corals coming in from the Philippines, Fiji, and other sporadically imported from areas.