Interview with the tv show "Tanked"

poidog

This just sounds like a PR release... doesn't tell us anything.... like using hose water to fill up a tank and then introduce fish what seems a couple hours later!

jcarlilesiu

Me and Tammy watched this show for the first time last night. I have to say that I was really concerned about the practices used in the show.

In the article it says that most people wouldn't be interested in watching a show about cycling a tank and such. They fail to realize that many people may get INTO this hobby by watching the show, and that the show neglects to accurately depict appropriate husbandry practices.

Not to mention, the show that I watched included the "man cave" tank made out of kegs. Sorry to say, but I don't see how they could have cycled the tank like they say they did unless they lied in the show. They said that they only had 3 hours to put it all together at which time they put the fish in. They added water and gravel and decorations which were not seeded from another tank.

To add insult to injury, it just seems that their plans are really poorly thought out. In the example above, they have a pony keg installed under the tank and then have a tap on the front. Kind of a cool idea for a man cave until you consider the fact that they have provided no way to keep the keg cool. Awesome, a constant supply of warm beer from the pony keg.

poidog

Kind of a cool idea for a man cave until you consider the fact that they have provided no way to keep the keg cool. Awesome, a constant supply of warm beer from the pony keg.
I said the same thing when we were watching it! mmmm warm beer. Plus the sports decorations in the tank looked like a 5 yr old boys room. Cool idea, executed very lame.

WeePee

"They have taken measures to ensure to the best of their ability that the fish are being transported and handled in the correct manner. "

so is that why they pulled a puffer out of a tank into open air? to ensure, to the best of their ability they were handling it correctly?

Forfend

People will l always judge but being politically correct does not attract an audience to make the advertisers happy.