Is this normal?

Kamreefer

i just replaced my RODI filters and resin two weeks ago my resin is already halfbrown am i missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe5688

check your waste/clean water ratio. I was burning through DI like crazy and i adjusted it to 4:1 and now it last forever lol

Kamreefer

Heres what i got i disassembled it followed this diagram and now i dont get water out of the ATSO to go into the DI Resin ? i made sure to see it say out?

Joe5688

Damn I should have showed you mine today when you came over.didn't resize this was you who asked this question

Kamreefer

Damn I should have showed you mine today when you came over.didn't resize this was you who asked this question
Ha lol yeah i should have asked you would of been nice to see your setup. for now seems ok but lets see how long the resin lasts

beetlenut33

Premium member
Measure the TDS of the water going into the DI resin. It should be around 4 TDS. If it's higher, your RO membrane might be need to be replaced.

Kamreefer

well not good it started at 40 then dropped to 14 so i guess it is the membranes

Kamreefer

Jus a question can i go with a lower gpd Membrane replacement i only have a 90 and all i do is once a week 5g water change and fill my 10g reservoir?

Last edited:

beetlenut33

Premium member
Yes, you can change to a different GPD membrane, but you will have to change the flow restrictor accordingly. What is your flow restrictor currently rated for?

beetlenut33

Premium member
well not good it started at 40 then dropped to 14 so i guess it is the membranes

You have to let it run a while to let the reading stabilize. Is 14 TDS the lowest it reached? Wait like 15 mins.

Kamreefer

Yes, you can change to a different GPD membrane, but you will have to change the flow restrictor accordingly. What is your flow restrictor currently rated for?

not sure is this it?

Last edited:

Kamreefer

You have to let it run a while to let the reading stabilize. Is 14 TDS the lowest it reached? Wait like 15 mins.

ya that was in like 5min ill recheck when i get bak home thanks!

Kamreefer

So i rechecked and before hitting the DI the waters testing at 20-21tds? guess it is the membranes!?

Kamreefer

i also realized im a dummy and had the flush valve open the first time i tested it

beetlenut33

Premium member
So i rechecked and before hitting the DI the waters testing at 20-21tds? guess it is the membranes!?

20-21 TDS is the reason you are burning through your DI resin so quickly. My RO/DI filter is 4 TDS input to the DI resin, and 0 TDS output from the DI resin. My DI resin lasts well over a year.

How old is your current membrane? I would get a 75 GPD membrane and also get a 75 GPD flow restrictor so you are sure it is sized appropriately.

Also make sure your pre filters are in good shape (less than a year old).

Kamreefer

never replaced the membranes goin on a year and the prefilters are all new . The 550 flow restrictor should be enough right?