Jawbreaker detached

Mpdan

Premium member
So I put a jaebreaker in the tank yesterday. All was well. This morning it was gone. Moved a few things and found it. Using a soap dish with rubble in it. How long does it take for mushrooms to attach themselves?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mpdan

Premium member
Wow that's a lot longer than I thought. Thanks

carpetreef75

Premium member
Yep like John said take a long while and he's pizzed bout something whether flow,light ,etc why he decided to walk about ....... have seen it take months may want to put a small mesh /screen over top Good Luck just hope hes not to pissed and just melts away
Bryan

Mpdan

Premium member
Thank you. Looks ok now in the container. I am thinking maybe too much flow especially after shipping.

carpetreef75

Premium member
Thank you. Looks ok now in the container. I am thinking maybe too much flow especially after shipping.

usually very low flo and tucked in some rock work in the dark to get situated and my Bounces,kryptos,and Jawbreakers like bottom of tank & sand bed .Good Luck
Bryan

#theMatrix

It's a goner.

IKid. But it's very hard to get then to attach. They do it themselves. I lost a couple of candy crush shrooms because they were loose.

Top Water

It’s not a goner , it’s just a challenge but the experienced reefer can get it done . I have had great success by being patient.
It's a goner.

IKid. But it's very hard to get then to attach. They do it themselves. I lost a couple of candy crush shrooms because they were loose.

madjoe

Premium member
They take forever. Best successful one i did was found a rock with a hole in it a sgoved the shroom in the hole . For some reason they seem to stay that way . But it gotta be a hole that u really gotta get it in good and it cant float out

Mpdan

Premium member
Thanks guys. I am hoping for the best. It looks ok today. I hope it keeps it up lol

#theMatrix

It looks better....mine looked like that for a day and back to shriveled the next. The flow prevents them from attaching.
Place the box in a low flow spot. Hold it down with sand if you want.

Last edited:

Mpdan

Premium member
Update it looks a lot better now fully opened up. Looks to be starting to attach.

Mpdan

Premium member
I don't think I'll be getting anymore expensive mushrooms lol. Every time this one does something I think the worst.

carpetreef75

Premium member
Don't be scared Bro just start out on the sand bed tucked in a lil rockwork very lil flow and light ... I have a wwc candy crush Jawbreaker and it was very unhappy on the bottom under decent light i moved it in some rock work and gets very lil flow and just a very lil light and it went from Pinky fingernail to over quarter size ..If there happy they'll grow lil weeds
Bryan

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think I'll be getting anymore expensive mushrooms lol. Every time this one does something I think the worst.

did you try target feeding ??? mine love Reef Roids
Bryan

Mpdan

Premium member
Don't be scared Bro just start out on the sand bed tucked in a lil rockwork very lil flow and light ... I have a wwc candy crush Jawbreaker and it was very unhappy on the bottom under decent light i moved it in some rock work and gets very lil flow and just a very lil light and it went from Pinky fingernail to over quarter size ..If there happy they'll grow lil weeds
Bryan

- - - Updated - - -

did you try target feeding ??? mine love Reef Roids
Bryan
Yes it has been target fed. It looks like it is splitting. It has been open and has seemed pretty happy with it's spot so far. I hope it is splitting and a chunk isn't just gone.

carpetreef75

Premium member
So I put a jaebreaker in the tank yesterday. All was well. This morning it was gone. Moved a few things and found it. Using a soap dish with rubble in it. How long does it take for mushrooms to attach themselves?

Whats the shroom look like now ?
Bryan