JBJ auto top off

Pawel

Premium member
I'm currently using JBJ auto top off with TOM Aquarium Aqua pump for my tank. I returned my fist JBJ auto top off because it was working kind of funny. The second one works the same. Sometimes when the pump light is on there is no power to the pump. Today when I came back from work my sump was almost full. Thanks to float valve it did not flood my room. My one JBJ sensor is in sump and the other one in the top off container. Did you guys ever hand any problems like that with JBJ auto top off?

madjoe

Premium member
I used one for over ten yrs in fact im still using the sensors. They don’t work good with aqua lifts imo depending on the size tank the ato will time out before tank is filled . If u take apart the control box theres a white dial u can adjust the timer so it will stay on longer before timeing out. Its for safety so i always just used a maxi jet instead of aqua lifter. There are two modes on it also a&b make sure u have on the right one . I know one is for both sensors in sump lower one for water level top one for safety turn off in case it stuck on. And the other mode is for water level in tank then water level in ato container to protect pump. Always make sure u set up ato fill hose in away that when the ato turns off it breaks the siphon other wise it will keep filling.

Pawel

Premium member
Thank you for the info. I will make some adjustments. Do you think my sump was filled do to siphon? End of sump hose is about one foot higher then the end of top off container hose, however top off container is taller then sump.

Last edited:

Pawel

Premium member
Finally figure it out. I switched to 7min safety switch and once the auto top off stops the water still dripping do to siphon. Now I have to figure it out how to stop siphon.