Jbj24 drilled help

gonebad395

Wow man that's kinda confusing there. Once I thought I had it figured out for ya I noticed something else which changed my mind. Anyway to ask the person who did that?

Danieldv6

Wow man that's kinda confusing there. Once I thought I had it figured out for ya I noticed something else which changed my mind. Anyway to ask the person who did that?
Will try..I also know he had a chiller connected to it (i got that too) because the hood lights are two 75w halides

Danieldv6

Right on man hope it works out for you. Just seems like over kill on a tank that size. Keep us updated ok.
Will do thanks..still long way for this ..even still looking for a stand or I may diy it.

- - - Updated - - -

Right on man hope it works out for you. Just seems like over kill on a tank that size. Keep us updated ok.
Will do thanks..still long way for this ..even still looking for a stand or I may diy it.

gonebad395

Looks like they are all returns and the top right an 2 very bottoms are your drains top right infirst pic might be the oh shit drain

jayjerk

Premium member
Whoever did that is dum as fuk if u gonna drill it y not just yank the plastic I see 3 out and 2 in

madjoe

Premium member
Ill be honest ive been staring at this thing and i cant see how to plumb it and keep it silent. Bottom two definitely look like the drains and obviously the ones all piped to go through the plastic in tank r returns. And the one top one with no piping is probably the just in case something gets clogged one but the drains being so low the water fall noise is gonna be loud imo. Guess u wont know til u try

Fish_wiz2

If I'm thinking what I'm thinking, this is dja1980's old tank!

It's rigged for a hidden closed loop and then sump. The two bulkheads up top that are T'ed together are the CL return, the bulkhead below that is the intake. The top right bulkhead is the drain/overflow for the sump while the bottom right was just an extra hole which was plugged. I think the return for the sump was tubing ran over the top of the tank and not through any of the bulkhead but it's been awhile the last time I saw it.

It seems crazy to do it that way but to me made sense. Drilling into the false wall is better then the rear glass and could be drilled anywhere, on the back glass you want to drill in a way that the holes are uniform to prevent structural integrity if they are drilled too close or slanted from each other.

Danieldv6

If I'm thinking what I'm thinking, this is dja1980's old tank!

It's rigged for a hidden closed loop and then sump. The two bulkheads up top that are T'ed together are the CL return, the bulkhead below that is the intake. The top right bulkhead is the drain/overflow for the sump while the bottom right was just an extra hole which was plugged. I think the return for the sump was tubing ran over the top of the tank and not through any of the bulkhead but it's been awhile the last time I saw it.

It seems crazy to do it that way but to me made sense. Drilling into the false wall is better then the rear glass and could be drilled anywhere, on the back glass you want to drill in a way that the holes are uniform to prevent structural integrity if they are drilled too close or slanted from each other.
You are correct!!!!