jcarlilesiu & scarlett778 150 Gallon Cube

jcarlilesiu

Hows the growth on those frags from Greg you posted a couple months ago? I have a feeling mine are about to take off as they are running out of plug to encrust over.
Growth has been decent. I transferred them off the plugs to rubble or epoxied to the scape so its hard to tell how much they have encrusted. All three have developed new growth spots on the frag as well as moderate encrusting. We where dealing with some parameters bottoming out so now that we are dosing two part I expect to see some good growth. They are all happy and polyped out daily, so that's good.

jcarlilesiu

Here's some additional pic's from Tammy

Paris Hilton

Watermelon Acro

Candlelight Acro

Raspberry Plana?

Scoly we got at the MCF party

ORA Ponape

Couple of our fish:

Jep21

man ur tank is fricking awesome.. I really want a cube tank like that grrrrr...lol

rattyE36

I see you post on the forum every day but I have never seen your build thread! Just looked through all the posts and I must say that your tank is nothing shy of absolutely beautiful! Incredible work! I look forward to more pics of your reef in the future!

jcarlilesiu

Well, I am going to go ahead and knock on wood and say it, but it appears like the blackout did the majority of the trick ridding the tank of the small cyano outbreak we had.

We didn't realize how much cyano was covering the back glass until the night before we started the black out. I used a scraper with a handle and scraped the cyano off the glass as my wife siphoned it up. Then she did the majority of the rocks and sandbed where the cyano was thick.

We turned the lights on 3 days after we started and it was amazing how clear and clean the tank looked. Corals looked happy but it definitely took them a little time to come back out and re-adjust to the light.

Infact, I have read that some hobbyists do a blackout periodically just to get the tank looking that clean and knocking out any minor algae issues. I might start doing that once every six months or so.

FTS to be posted soon.

Herbie

Banned
Well, I am going to go ahead and knock on wood and say it, but it appears like the blackout did the majority of the trick ridding the tank of the small cyano outbreak we had.

We didn't realize how much cyano was covering the back glass until the night before we started the black out. I used a scraper with a handle and scraped the cyano off the glass as my wife siphoned it up. Then she did the majority of the rocks and sandbed where the cyano was thick.

We turned the lights on 3 days after we started and it was amazing how clear and clean the tank looked. Corals looked happy but it definitely took them a little time to come back out and re-adjust to the light.

Infact, I have read that some hobbyists do a blackout periodically just to get the tank looking that clean and knocking out any minor algae issues. I might start doing that once every six months or so.

FTS to be posted soon.
congrats on doing this as a couple. God what I wouldn't give for a second pair of hads sometimes.