Jebao CrossFlow

aregen120

Almost half price and it's wifi. There you go madjoe. You can catch up to me. Lol

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

sk8elenex92

Premium member
Very curious how this thing works and feels. Every time I pull apart the gyre I feel its going to break and never put together right. [MENTION=1217]madjoe[/MENTION] did you volunteer to be the guinea pig

Crued

Very curious how this thing works and feels. Every time I pull apart the gyre I feel its going to break and never put together right.

amen to that! mine has failed several times after disassembly and then you monkey around, get it to work, and then it stops... repeat.

and that thing is 100% a Maxspect Gyre. they are either producing it under license or OEMing it.

maidia

Team CR
amen to that! mine has failed several times after disassembly and then you monkey around, get it to work, and then it stops... repeat.

and that thing is 100% a Maxspect Gyre. they are either producing it under license or OEMing it.
I think so too...

madjoe

Premium member
Very curious how this thing works and feels. Every time I pull apart the gyre I feel its going to break and never put together right. [MENTION=1217]madjoe[/MENTION] did you volunteer to be the guinea pig
I will wait til my jeabo giy can get it cheaper lol

Sawdonkey

Premium member
+1. Gyre has not impressed me. It's fine when it's running, but feel really poorly mad in the hand. And yes, putting it back together is a crap shoot. It may or may not work on your first try.

sk8elenex92

Premium member
Yah I kinda wish I could of just got 2 mp40s but the $ is what made the choice for me. Hey but it works pretty well for now I just try to avoid cleaning it ha.

MikeyB

+1. Gyre has not impressed me. It's fine when it's running, but feel really poorly mad in the hand. And yes, putting it back together is a crap shoot. It may or may not work on your first try.
That's odd that you say that, im running 2 on my tank and ive torn them apart many times to clean them, switch paddles etc and i've never had an issue with them not working when i put it together.

I feel like gyres work best on 27" tall tanks like what im running. I could never get the kind of flow like i do now with running normal powerheads

With that though, the jebao ones look pretty close to the gyres and at half the cost worth checking out for sure.

Tank2379

Copying this from another reef forum.

This is the letter sent to Jeboa, looks as if it's working

December 24, 2015
SENT VIA EMAIL ONLY
Re: U.S. Patent Application Publication No. 2015/0292507 A1
Title: CROSS-FLOW WAVE MAKING PUMP
By: Guangzhou Maiguang Electronic Science Technology Co., Ltd., d.b.a. Maxspect
Sheridan Law Ref. 81151.0001Dear Sirs:
Guangzhou Maiguang Electronic Science Technology Co., Ltd., d.b.a. Maxspect (hereinafter “Maxspect”) is the owner of a utility patent application, which includes claim coverage directed to a cross-flow wave making pump. As a reference, enclosed is U.S. Patent Application Publication No. US 2015/0292507 A1.

I note from two articles in ReefBuilders.com that industry intelligence indicates that Jebao Co., Ltd. or related entities have designed and may offer a Jecod CP-45, a Jecod CP-25, or other related equipment which is described and illustrated as a “Cross-Flow Wave Pump”. As a reference, enclosed are copies of the two articles as well as a portion of the website at the aboveidentified URL. This equipment may ultimately infringe one or more claims of the pending patent application of the above-identified U.S. patent application publication. Under the provisional rights provisions added to the Patent Act in 1999, a claimant can recover damages (after the patent issues) if it gives notice to the target of the claims after the pending application is published. See, 35 USC 154(d).

At this time, Maxspect would be pleased to discuss various options to provide you with the ability to avoid liability for infringement under provisional rights provisions related to the above-identified patent application. If you are of the opinion that you do not need to take any action at this time with Maxspect, it would be helpful if you could give us some insight into your reasons. Infringement may occur through making, using, or selling a product in conflict with the claims of the above-identified patent application publication. Maxspect may elect to seek damages from one or both of sellers or manufacturers of infringing products.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience to address this matter.

Sincerely,

James A. Sheridan Sheridan Law LLC

cpschult

Glad I'm not the only one who has issues putting their gyre back together on first try.

Wish this knock off was cheaper.

bryman

Hints for cleaning the gyres:
- soak in vinegar solution for at least 1 hour first
- only take apart and clean one side at a time. Then reassemble that side before starting the other.

I love mine BTW and prefer their flow to the mp40ws I had for years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk