Jeffy's "Save the fish" project

jeffy

Hey all! I'll keep this short as possible.

My project/rescue is to save livestock from LFS/aquatic owners that can't keep them or simply neglect them. Not to say any LFS in the Chicago land area neglect, however the cost of feeding/care/lack of sale can be a reason.

After taking quite a few fish in, The results after feeding and proper water conditions are amazing! The percentage rate at this time is 80% from the time they hit the tanks.

What I'm looking for from the Chicago reef family is miscellaneous equipment Tanks, skimmers, pumps, lights, you name it if you want to donate as well that's awesome an I can't thank you enough!

Livestock will be given back to the community once healed an healthy.

Thank you for your time!

FraginReeferHead

I visited aquarium adventure in bollingbrook saturday and was shocked at what I seen, cannot believe how many fish where dead or borderline dead.

I wanted to take a few home myself to try and save them but no way jose.

Really like where you are going with this and best of luck.

jeffy

I visited aquarium adventure in bollingbrook saturday and was shocked at what I seen, cannot believe how many fish where dead or borderline dead.

I wanted to take a few home myself to try and save them but no way jose.

Really like where you are going with this and best of luck.
Thank you! It's not a fun sight to see.

ColaAddict

Might not be a good idea. If you keep buying fish from bad fish stores, you just encourage them to bring in more fish to torture. It might be best to let those fishes be martyrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trackfast

Princess Trainer
Might not be a good idea. If you keep buying fish from bad fish stores, you just encourage them to bring in more fish to torture. It might be best to let those fishes be martyrs.

I used to make the "pity buy" and try to save some of the poor fish but ColaAddict does have a point. The store I got a few from just ended up getting more and treating them poorly. Good luck !

Bommie

I too have bought fish in hopes to help it...but I guess I was a lil late ...Great idea mate!

Sent from my Z740G using Tapatalk

jeffy

I used to make the "pity buy" and try to save some of the poor fish but ColaAddict does have a point. The store I got a few from just ended up getting more and treating them poorly. Good luck !
You have a good point! The best thing to do is not shop, or buy livestock. I've contacted the main distributor that supplies the livestock an still awaiting an email back! Might not get far with it, however at least making a point an making others aware of the situation is never a bad thing.

ColaAddict

I think it's better to write a feedback in the feedback section to let people k ow about bad fish store practices.