Jerk 2.0...dat new s@#?

jayjerk

Premium member
Ok. So as some of u know. I shut it all down. In the process I was able to hook up some guys that looked out for me early in my reef life and met many new people from this box. To all of you thank you very much for your contributions.

We got into new place settled down a bit and now the new drama show begins.

Introducing Jerk 2.0
View attachment 12987

So we decided to go with a 40 breeder. Which ended up being a problem. I bought a breeder from (big ups to) [MENTION=814]tinman[/MENTION] and on my way home cracked it...so after a lot of wtf & fml I got online to find another. Came across petsmart got a new breeder for $32..SOLD!!!

Next day picked it up and began the plan. I decided this bad boy need to be drilled asap. So with more help from my boy Joey crack [MENTION=1217]madjoe[/MENTION] I was able to get the info and tools I needed to make this happen

View attachment 12988

As you can see I went a little crazy drilling holes. I decided on a super low profile 21.5" overflow box (thanks crack) that imo looks bad ass. I drilled staggered 1" holes to hook up my rendition on a bean animal drainage system. Also have dual 3/4" return set up ready to go.

Be for I did all that I used high quality 5% window tinting to blacken rear glass

View attachment 12989

Sump is nothing special as most of you know I now like to keep it simple. I'm running my old 24x12x14 Amiracle sump. With an old school euro reef rs100 skimmer powered by a sicce sk200 and I haven't decided on a return pump yet. Will likely be my jebao dc9000. Forgot to mention I did a little manipulation to the sump...lol...enjoy

View attachment 12990
Also thanks to [MENTION=1152]chewal[/MENTION] I now have a dp4 doser to replace my marine magic doser. So no more manual dosing for me as I can now automate everything I use. Very excite..lol..

Also thanks [MENTION=1831]Tkroll0321[/MENTION] for the stand and other things you hooked me up with. don't believe I'm going all out on finishing this stand as I have on my last few. Don't wanna put that time in this time. Not sure how I'm going to finish this one yet. Might just cover it in canvas and let the kids color all over it cause chances are they going to do that anyway...smh stupid kids..Side note u guys need to get down to his corn maze. It's a great time
That's all for now

Last edited:

jayjerk

Premium member
So have gotten a little further since last post. Figured I'd give this build its own thread.

So I decided to use one of my old sumps that was once a trickle fw doohicky. So I gutted it down and took out parts I didn't need or want and made it work for my purposes. It's just a E chamber sump overflow skimmer and return. Real simple. I'm adding some siporax stuffed in black eggcrate (thanks [MENTION=171]DJE[/MENTION]) to avoid having to add more rock and keeping a simple look and easy clean up in sump.

View attachment 13175

In order to get water to sump I drilled a bunch of holes that you see in the pic above (thanks for the idea [MENTION=108]SkullV[/MENTION]) wasn't my original plan but functions the same. Here it is all plumbed .
View attachment 13176
View attachment 13177

After seeing the coral I had left doing so well,I did decide to back to t5.for this build. Got a very good deal on a light. [MENTION=1831]Tkroll0321[/MENTION] changed the bulbs and....

View attachment 13178

They came the part to try and figure out how to hang them (if your keeping track this may have been spoiled already.

View attachment 13179

So here she is set up and ready for water.
View attachment 13180

Be for I can put water gotta figure out how to cover the stand cause if I don't spawn will get to it and who knows what will happen from there. So I tried to just cover in fabric. Let me know what you all think.don't sugar coat it. I wouldn't.

View attachment 13181

Last edited:

jayjerk

Premium member
View attachment 13223

So I finally got water in this bad boy. Just transferring over my sump to my new sump. Played around with a few different ideas for the scape. And finally settled on the last pic.

View attachment 13225

View attachment 13224
View attachment 13226

Also added my first 2 inhabitants today courtesy of my favorite farmer tkroll.
View attachment 13227
View attachment 13228

And a fts...Lol
View attachment 13226

I'm really happy with the way this is going. Even wife is loving it so looks like I'll be full throttle. Stay tuned there Wil be more and quick

Last edited:

madjoe

Premium member
Finally u slacker lol no worries when your done with this build i should be ready for mine lol . So get er stabile u may have to hold my special frags

anarchy

Finally u slacker lol no worries when your done with this build i should be ready for mine lol . So get er stabile u may have to hold my special frags
Hey jerk we can frag those special frags. Joe would never know

jrpark22000

Premium member
Solid build sitting on a solid stand. Progressing nicely. What are you plans to be able to access the plumbing if needed once filled? Just wondering how easy it'll be to get to stuff with it in a corner. You may also want to consider putting in a couple screw unions on the plumbing.

jayjerk

Premium member
Solid build sitting on a solid stand. Progressing nicely. What are you plans to be able to access the plumbing if needed once filled? Just wondering how easy it'll be to get to stuff with it in a corner. You may also want to consider putting in a couple screw unions on the plumbing.
Thanks Josh. It's actually works out well as I put it on felt and can pull the whole thing out if need be. I don't use those screw unions as I don't glue anything.

enzo1028

Premium member
Jerk v2.0, new and improved! Glad to see you back buddy. Let me know when you get up and running, I can throw some coral your way

jrpark22000

Premium member
Thanks Josh. It's actually works out well as I put it on felt and can pull the whole thing out if need be. I don't use those screw unions as I don't glue anything.
Without gliue, do you get saltcreep at the unions? Havn't ever tired glueless myself.

Jay I can't wait to see this thing all finished up! The fabric is kind of a cool idea to me, will certainly keep it cool enough down there, and shouldn't have to worry about it being to loud with the plumbing you have going on.

jayjerk

Premium member
Jay I can't wait to see this thing all finished up! The fabric is kind of a cool idea to me, will certainly keep it cool enough down there, and shouldn't have to worry about it being to loud with the plumbing you have going on.
Thanks man. I hope so. I bought the panels to finish it just in case I decide I don't like it

Joe5688

looks awesome jerk. Makes me want t build another tank lol. I'm def gonna switch back to t5 on the next tank. Maybe do a t5/led combo but LEDS aren't doing it for me anymore. When ever i see a t5 tank i'm always like damn that looks good lol.

jayjerk

Premium member
looks awesome jerk. Makes me want t build another tank lol. I'm def gonna switch back to t5 on the next tank. Maybe do a t5/led combo but LEDS aren't doing it for me anymore. When ever i see a t5 tank i'm always like damn that looks good lol.
Thanks Joe. I am planning 2 led strips. That will be coming soon...I think

bryman

Jerk, no glue on the PVC? Even with the pressurized return side? Good lord I hope you have flood and divorce insurance :dead:

If you need help let me know and I'll come over and do it for you this weekend!

Last edited: