Jrpark22000 2.2g DeepBlue

jrpark22000

Premium member
Here's my DeepBlue 2.2gal FragClub Pico

The tank first saw saltwater today. The K1 and LiveRock came from my main tank to minimize cycling.

Eqpt list;
DeepBlue 8x8x8 tank
Coral Compulsion par38 20k and holder w/ dimmer
AquaClear 70 modified to run Kaldnes K1 media
Cobalt Neo-Therm 25w heater
Tunze Nano ATO (coming soon)

And onto the good stuff, the pictures!

View attachment 626

View attachment 625

View attachment 624

View attachment 627

Last edited:

Tethered_Limbs

woa that looks awesome. cant wait to see this thing with grow sum frags. your stand rolls around but your sump is on the ground?

jrpark22000

Premium member
Your DT has a pimple on it!!!

Neat little thing though, nicely set up too.
Thanks Emisis, I was going for more of a mini-me look.

hahaha nice dude i had to double take that wasnt there yesterday
how was that sticker ?
Sticker was pretty easy with a new razor blade. The wood work only took me a couple hours, I wasn't expecting to get it all done today. More cabinetry to come under the shelf in the near future.

jrpark22000

Premium member
woa that looks awesome. cant wait to see this thing with grow sum frags. your stand rolls around but your sump is on the ground?
Thanks Erik. Not a sump but a sump overflow tank. Incase the main pump shuts off and an ATO failure dumps everything into the sump, the under tank tank fills. Knock on wood, it hasn't been used yet.

jrpark22000

Premium member
I was hoping to hear you were still in. I work a few minutes from Scott, I am more than willing to pickup your frags. I'll send PM to coordinate.

jrpark22000

Premium member
I've thought about that as well as other softies, lps and sps. The light is dimmable to prevent melting and I can add or remove k1 to match water paramaters of the coral for each grow out. I also left the ac70 intack so at any point I can replace the k1 with a filter basket, sponge and ceraminc pellets. I started with this much k1 to get a good seeding of bacteria in the tank.

DD

"Rambo"
Nice setup Josh! I'm doing a par 38 as well. I'm going to have to dim that bad boy though because it's the strength of the sun on the planet Mercury lol! I should have mine up and running by tomorrow evening. Just need to pick up a small piece of live rock.

Hopefully I'll have some time to throw my thread together.

jrpark22000

Premium member
Love it man...
Thanks Frankie. I'm liking your 2x4s though...:)

Nice setup Josh! I'm doing a par 38 as well. I'm going to have to dim that bad boy though because it's the strength of the sun on the planet Mercury lol! I should have mine up and running by tomorrow evening. Just need to pick up a small piece of live rock.

Hopefully I'll have some time to throw my thread together.
Cheers. Looking forward to the build thread Dominick. Yeah, my par38 is crazy bright without the dimmer.