jumping fish

lunacris

So I recently purchased a red tail wrasse. Its doing great except it jumps out of tank. Here's what I've done. I've cut egg crate to fit like a lid and this thing manages to still jump out with acuracy a hunter would envy. Luck I've been home and got her back in tank. I don't want glass lids on top. Any feed back is greatly appreciatedd. Thanks

lunacris

Won't it rust tho. I never thought of that. Wonder if lawyer would make a coating to prevent that. Thanks

EyeReef

This worked great on my 75 and I had many wrasses and its working wonderful on my 29g which house a 6line wrasse and firefish.
The netting was purchased at petsmart in the pond department. But it was on clearance so Im not sure if they still have it. :confused:

triggerfish

any netting would work. i have some leaf net left over that i use on my pond, you are more than welcome to.

however, what i was thinking about doing is having a screen made to the exact size of the inside lip of the top. i'm in my tank all the time for some reason and having a rigid frame would make it easier i would think. i'm thinking fiberglass screening with a composite frame.

lunacris

Thanks. Good ideas. I think I'm gonna try to find a stiff netting because I am always in ther fragging. Thanks guys. Ill keep ya posted

misenplace101

Home depot has netting in the garden section. What I got was bird netting. It has 1/4" (est) opening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tenvibes

+1 on the netting idea. I had to triple layer mine after my McCoskeri Wrasse weasled it's way out of it. After that, all I heard were random splashes but no more carpet surfing!

soggy pocktets

there is a diy site on this exact topic...forgot the name, but try and google something like: diy fish tank screen cover...see what ya get.

There is also a diy video on brs site. that's what I used for my fowlr tank...I am NOT handy and was easy and did the trick.