Kessil for nano cube

jvermeulen

Premium member
I want to get a kessil deep ocean blue for my nano cube, would it be too bright for a 28 gallon tank?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I have a Kessil a150 sky blue over my 29g biocube and it works perfectly. Just be warned, the deep ocean blue is really really dark blue.

Kessil 150 is too narrow for a nano cube .. Get a kessil A350 and it would be perfect.

with kessil a350 : you can find almost new used ones for cheap and you can adjust the spectrum to your liking.. kessils are the most amazing lights IMO

its 299 on reef geek

http://www.reefgeek.com/a350w-dimmable-led-aquarium-light-tuna-blue-wide-angle-lens.html
The A150 is not too narrow for a nanocube/biocube.

That's an A150 over a 29g biocube and everything is doing great. Now yes the A350 is more powerful and will allow you to do more with it, but the A150 is perfectly fine over one.

tinman

it all kinda depends on how you see it .

i think your rock work is not high enough so you dont see the shaded part on the rocks. not trying to get into an argument but if its hanged a little higher it would def cover 30x30 at the bottom, doesn't mean coverage.

The A150 is not too narrow for a nanocube/biocube.

That's an A150 over a 29g biocube and everything is doing great. Now yes the A350 is more powerful and will allow you to do more with it, but the A150 is perfectly fine over one.

F4tal Reefer

I just put a kessil a150w ocean blue over my 14g biocube. I'm playing with height as I slowly lengthen my photo period. And in only one day I can tell my corals love the added light. I could be a little happier with the coloration of corals but that might change as they adjust to the light, but I do prefer a slightly bluer light but the price was right.

I think the 150 are plenty of light for <30 g but again it's all preference, corals, and rock layout.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

rozdab

I have a kessil 360w. It's going over an 8 gallon. I went that route as I like being able to control the intensity and also the color spectrum in case it is to much for such a little tank. I wish they made the 150 dimmable.

I haven't had it long enough to see how some corals like it as the frag tank isn't set up yet.