Kessil Lighting

MarkCios24

So I am looking to buy a Kessil A160we, however, I am unsure if I need the controller as well. Can a kessil r be programmed without the controller? It just seems to me like the controller is a convenience item rather than the actual item that keeps a program for intensities during the day. I want the light to automatically change throughout the day at a given pattern. Does the controller do this or is it a fancy item that you use rather than the knobs at the top? Or am I completely wrong, and there is something else I need to use to do this. Need a Kessil for dummies breakdown so I don't go buying extra stuff I don't need. Thanks!

tinman

with out the controller you will be able to just turn on the light and turn it off using a timer ( bought seperate) at a set intensity ..

what you want to do .. Thats what exactly the controller does :) " I want the light to automatically change throughout the day at a given pattern"

DO you have any cotroller like reefkeeper or apex ?
It can be done using a regular controller like reefkeeper or apex ..

I haven't personally used the A160we, but I think to have an actual ramp up/down, you need the controller. The knobs on top will allow you to control the intensity of the light, but it won't let you program it.