kordon Ich Attack, does it work?

Sawdonkey

Premium member
my hippo tang has ich , should i use kordon ich attack ?
My initial reaction is no, but give us some more details. Are you planning to qt and treat with Ich Attack? Are you planning to put it in you DT? Do you have other fish in the same tank as the hippo? They likely have ich too, even if they are not showing signs yet. Corals? If you explain your situation better, we can give a better answer.

There are a couple of proven ways to treat ich, and I don't believe this to be one of them.

Triggerdood

In my experiences, this med doesnt work. Waste of $ imo. I have some Microbe lift Herbtana you can have, a better option imo.

Last edited:

Venom

Premium member
Medicating fish should be in a hospital tank not a reef tank.Read up on all options gl

Reef City

my hippo tang has ich , should i use kordon ich attack ?
We have a blue hippo here at the shop that is 12+ years old. She has been through sooo many diseases that should have killed her. I say this because these diseases wiped out all other fish except for a yellow tang, which we still have her as well. They both have amazing immune systems. You can see them both in the 760 display here. I hate treating fish with meds just free floating in the water. Not that they don't work... but the best way to treat fish (not the tank) is by them ingesting medication.

We have our most success especially with tangs and angels by treating with Skunk Cleaner Shrimp. We keep cleaners in our tanks with the fish that won't eat them. IMO every reef tank should have atleast one for fish health and maintenance.

If/when there is an outbreak that appears and seems the fish's own immune system can't handle it, we medicate their food, or use a pre-medicated food to help them along.

~ Margaret

We have a blue hippo here at the shop that is 12+ years old. She has been through sooo many diseases that should have killed her. I say this because these diseases wiped out all other fish except for a yellow tang, which we still have her as well. They both have amazing immune systems. You can see them both in the 760 display here. I hate treating fish with meds just free floating in the water. Not that they don't work... but the best way to treat fish (not the tank) is by them ingesting medication.

We have our most success especially with tangs and angels by treating with Skunk Cleaner Shrimp. We keep cleaners in our tanks with the fish that won't eat them. IMO every reef tank should have atleast one for fish health and maintenance.

If/when there is an outbreak that appears and seems the fish's own immune system can't handle it, we medicate their food, or use a pre-medicated food to help them along.

~ Margaret

Great Post :snowman:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk