Lawnmower Blenny

Pfisherman

I am researching these lawnmower blennies a bit and am finding mixed review of how difficult they are to maintain. LA rates them as easy to moderate, let after searching the forums I am reading that they may in fact be more finicky and difficult. Who has one? have you had it long? what do he eat?

Neebles

I have had one since the beginning of August. He has been easy as can be. He chills out in the rocks with his head poking out but comes out a ton to eat. He is a fatty. Mine will eat algae off the rocks, nori, pellets, and likes to chomp on the new era grazer rings I sometimes stick to the glass. He gets along with all other fish including other algae eaters. I'm not sure what makes them difficult for some folks.

Edit: mine eats Frozen mysis as well and ate some chopped up table shrimp w/selcon today

Last edited:

ColaAddict

They are hit or miss. Last one I owned only ate algae. Refused any other food

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

anarchy

Mine eats everyyhing. I see his mouth prints all over the glass lol. Had him about 6 months

ANARCHY

cet98

mine is a slob....eats anything and everything....have him for around a year....

fftfk

Mine was easy to keep when my tank was originally set up. Ate everything and survived a few near disasters

3dees

I have had mine for a year. it took about six months before it realized that all that stuff floating around was food. now it eats everything.

Pfisherman

Thanks for all the advice. I went to reefwise last night and they didnt have any, so looks like nextime is AquaPros for the win!