Learning how to take pics

Cubano32

Premium member

Cubano32

Premium member
Looks like you’re off to a great start. Pictures look really nice.
Thank you very much i guess we are our own enemy i feel like some of these pics could be better in some area they are a little out of focus but meh i'll get there lol

Cubano32

Premium member
looks great. what lens are you using?
Thanks I'm using just the original lens that came with the camera which is the canon EFS 18-55mm with some Macro extension tubes to get in much closer then this lens can do on its own

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Funlad3

The pictures look good! Getting things in focus is the easiest thing to get better at; either use a tripod or go with a faster/shorter exposure. Your color and brightness are excellent, which is the part that takes real skill! Great job. :)

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Thanks I'm using just the original lens that came with the camera which is the canon EFS 18-55mm with some Macro extension tubes to get in much closer then this lens can do on its own

First, nice pics. I go back and forth between tubes and those magnifying filter lenses. I thing the magnifying lenses give a slightly better result, but they are a little more of a pain to use.

Instead of zooming in or out to focus like with the tubes, you use a certain lens to focus within a given distance. Then you can zoom until your hearts content ...all while staying in focus. They are cheap too. Under $20 for a set of 1X, 2X, 4X, and 10X.

In my 24 inch deep tank, I use the 10X if the subject is right by the front glass. I use the 1X if the subject is near the back glass. I use something in between for things in the middle. You can also screw the lenses together to create a 6X for example.

Cubano32

Premium member
First, nice pics. I go back and forth between tubes and those magnifying filter lenses. I thing the magnifying lenses give a slightly better result, but they are a little more of a pain to use.

Instead of zooming in or out to focus like with the tubes, you use a certain lens to focus within a given distance. Then you can zoom until your hearts content ...all while staying in focus. They are cheap too. Under $20 for a set of 1X, 2X, 4X, and 10X.

In my 24 inch deep tank, I use the 10X if the subject is right by the front glass. I use the 1X if the subject is near the back glass. I use something in between for things in the middle. You can also screw the lenses together to create a 6X for example.
Yea I was looking at those as well but figured I would try the tubes first

GugsJr

TeamCR

Where do you find the magnification ones for that cost?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Where do you find the magnification ones for that cost?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Search for “Diopter Lens sets”. I use these from Amazon. Make sure to get the right size so they screw on to your lens. You might even be able to find similar ones in orange for those crazy actintic shots?

Cubano32

Premium member
I was looking at these I saw a video on YouTube and this guy was using these fir my same camera

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
Hmm, I’m interested in seeing how the screw on lenses work! Do you guys have any pics with that lens?

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Hmm, I’m interested in seeing how the screw on lenses work! Do you guys have any pics with that lens?
Just to be clear, you still need an actual lens and these screw onto the lens.

I used these types of diopters for almost al of my macro shots in the past. You will surely get better photos with a $700 macro lens, but these get the job done. Here are some older pics using them. They’re surely not pro material, but for a hobbyist screwing around, I’m satisfied with what they can do.

maidia

Team CR
Most of your picture are out of focus. Try to raise the ISO, Speed and Aperture to get more detail and in focus.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I also get much better results by turning my blues lights way down. It’s a lot easier to add blue back in when post processing than it is to actually shoot under blue light. I don’t know if this is considered cheating, but my coal is to get the corals to look like how I see them in real life.