LED Advice

Claylewis

Hi, I just got a current orbit marine LED for my jbj 12 and I'm not sold on it.

Pros: included controller/timer and remote, ease of programming
Con: Hate the purple/pinkish hue

Does anyone have experience with this light? Do they normally look this "pink"?

I am thinking about returning and getting a nanobox or kessil. I have never seen either in person and wanted to ask advice because I really care about how the light looks in the water. Can anyone speak specifically to the visual quality of either of these lights or maybe reccomend something different?

Currently no corals, looking to add Zoas/softies as soon as I get my lighting situation figured out.

Fish_wiz2

I used to have the Orbit for freshwater, used it on a nano planted tank. Even that was pink. Something with their red LED's weren't right. Got rid of it for a finnex planted+. I wouldn't recommend that for your tank but I also did not like the Current in regards to the light output itself. Otherwise unit was very sharp looking and easy to use.

I also don't have a nanobox but have seen one in person that my buddy uses. Very sick units. Controlled by app and very powerful unlike the orbit, would recommend.

AForys

you need the pro version, I used one over my jbj28 and grew softies quite well. Now it's my fuge light and grows cheato like crazy!

Claylewis

definitely go with nanobox or kessil!
Awesome thanks! I decided to keep the orbit for the time being because I got such a great deal on it. Who knows might have some use for it in the future. Looking in to picking up a nanobox or kessil asap, so hard to decide though!

mikenh77

I used the current orbit on a FOWLR build. it was decent. You can change turn the whites down and blues up if you don't like the color. They won't be good for medium/high light corals though.

Paulip

Actinic T5s give that hue. I actually think the purple/pink hue means your spectrum mix is on point (unsubstantiated opinion). Perhaps, you are used to 10-12k Halides.

Even so, you get a lot of flouresence, except maybe when you go for a deep all blue actinic LED lighting scheme.