LED Assistance

ClownWizard

I've been looking to upgrade my Lighting system in my tank. I have horrible luck with choosing things so I was hoping anyone here would be able to help me out. Hopefully someone has been through the same thing as I am now, which would make everything easier for me. lol

The size of my tank is: 72 x 18 x 21

The tank has two dividers, which gives it 3 seperate slots for lights.
I plan on growing sps, lps, and maybe having a clam or two

My plan was to have 36 led's in each slot, which would get me to 108 leds throughout the whole tank. Would this be enough for all the goodies i plan on adding into it?

I've been reading about people buying leds from aquastyle and then getting drivers from rapidled, is this a good idea? I was going to get everything from rapid until i read about that.

Sorry for all the info/questions, i just want to be sure I don't mess this up. xD

Thanks in advance!

zoomcorvette

If you really want to do DIY you can but there are plenty of less costly choices. I run 55 cree led's per area in my 150 and it is plenty. I would think 36 would be a little low, but your 125 is shallower than my 150. The other negative to diy is a lack of warranty. I just ordered a fixture with 60 crees for $339. Just an FYI.

ClownWizard

If you really want to do DIY you can but there are plenty of less costly choices. I run 55 cree led's per area in my 150 and it is plenty. I would think 36 would be a little low, but your 125 is shallower than my 150. The other negative to diy is a lack of warranty. I just ordered a fixture with 60 crees for $339. Just an FYI.
Sorry for the late reply. You bring up a lot of good points. Looks like I might have to reconsider DIY. We'll see what happens in the near future.

thanks!