LED fixture for new tank, help please!

Mooney190

Hey everyone, I have a 20 gallon Nuvo Abyss Concept tank that I need to light. It's 20" long, 15" wide, and the deepest part is 17", and shallow side i believe is 12". It's a drop off tank, so there are 2 depths. I have been doing some research, and so far I am leaning towards the Maxspect razor 130w. I don't want to spend more than 300-350. Suggestions?

I have a few AI primes running and I love the. I also have a mint used one and one new in box that would keep you way under budget. Plus you control them from your phone. Maxspect is outdated in my eyes and not worth it go Ai save $ get a better light.

Mjl714

I think the Maxspect would be fine, I've had a Maxspect 16k on a 20g for years, works great, looks great, no complaints. Control is very simple, once set, I don't touch it. Goodluck.

Last edited:

Mooney190

I was thinking about the AI prime, but do you think I was thinking I would need to run 2 of them, which is why I was not considering those. Can I really get away with just running 1?

tinman

in my books anything maxspect is cheap materials .. although i had ok success with it when i used it long ago ..

right now if your budget is $350 or so id say go for a Radion XR 15 .. either a g3 or a g4 would be good . and slowly you can add a reef link for about 50 bucks used ..

ai prime is almost same cost as a radion g3 ..few bucks difference so pointless getting an ai prime ..

ai hydra 26 is very concentrated which would make you either decrease the intensity or get too much light in the shallow area ..

Spartanman22

I just bought a Reefbreeders and although I haven't run it yet I'm very pleased with the build and look of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk