LED Fixture Mount

zportell

I was on here this morning searching through the posts about LED lighting and came across a build who had solved the problem on how to hang 2 - 24-inch LED light fixtures without mounting them to the ceiling. The mount looked like an arm that was mounted onto the back of the stand and curved up and over the tank. It was double sided allowing for two LEDs to be mounted.

PLEASE HELP - If you saw this or know of the person who is using this system, please let me know..
Thanks!!

fredfish13

get some conduit and a pipe bender. secure it to the back of the stand with some brackets. drill holes in the pipe and put hooks thru to hold fixture. you can also paint conduit.

nvdiz

Depending on the weight of the fixtures, you could bend some 3/4" or 1" conduit with a conduit bender. Cheap and easy solution.

zportell

no, no... I'm not looking to bend metal! I saw an actual product in one of the build threads. I remember the reefer stating he had to mount the arm to the tank before water goes in it because of the weight issue to move the tank once its filled. I just can't seem to remember where I saw the original post. He/she had a link to buy this product in their thread. something like $80.00

RedDevil.258

+1 bro if I could start it over and bend my own pipe I would bend my own pipe. Plus you will probably spend less than $80 total. You can rent the benders from lowes and HD. I highly suggest you look into it would make a nice weekend project.

m.miller1547

Unless you have experience or find someone who has bent conduit then don't try it. It's a cheap alternative, but bending it to a smooth 90 degrees is difficult. Here's an example. Lol. I tried several times and still could get it too look good. I gave up and built a canopy. Which fixture are you hanging? Maybe a heavy duty are arm. I've seen ppl retrofit cheap lamps from Target to there fixture. Good luck!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2