LED Group buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BADGUS

I have the opportunity to do a Group buy for the following L.E.D fixture:

I would need 10people to join and prepay.Price is $315shipped each.

PM me for details and interest.

DEADLINE will be July 15th,if we get 10people before then i will order asap.

Apollo Reef LED V1 was designed by Apollo Reef with our help to specifically meet the needs of Marine Aquaculture. The housing is a standard shell similar to other fixtures but the inside has been designed with the highest quality LEDs. The Spectrum was specifically chosen to optimize photosynthesis in both macro and zooxanthellae algea. Unlike other cheaper fixtures this board was designed to allow for a single LED to fail without loosing a whole row. In this unlikely event the LED can be easily replaced. The heatsink is over sized with fins to optimize thermal management. The Drivers are extremely efficient and compatible with 90-250VAC.
This unit is powered by 55 3W led's and is the closest PAR and Color spectrum as a Radium 20K 250W MH bulb.It comes in 12K,14K and 20K configurations.

Video link:
YouTube - ‪Apollo Reef LED Light 120w Demo‬‏

marius

hey BADGUS, put me in for 2 units... i am ready to sell my metal halides, i cant wait to have these over my new 150gal. the price is not bad. :) i feel better having a warranty on a product than a DIY project. (well im not too good at putting these things together. )

marius

just hang it a little higher... :) but you will be able to grow anything you like under it...

the unit comes with 3 built in fans so it will keep everything nice and cool... :)

BADGUS

Not overpowered,but you will keep ANYTHING in that 29G!!

So far i have for sure:
Badgus 2units
Marius 2units

6more guys,if we don't get 10people we don't get $80off each.

Do these come with any optic?
Do they have any built in timers?
Do they have independent dimmers and plugs?

was looking into the starkled 60w cree lite fixture. they say their 20 3w led put out more par then a 250w mh lamp and have a par of 240 at 36'' anybody know anything about these fixtures

BADGUS

Do these come with any optic?
Do they have any built in timers?
Do they have independent dimmers and plugs?

was looking into the starkled 60w cree lite fixture. they say their 20 3w led put out more par then a 250w mh lamp and have a par of 240 at 36'' anybody know anything about these fixtures
Optics: 60-70-80-90 or 120degree.80* is std.
No built in timers
independent plugs-Yes,you may add an arduino or 0-10v for dimming.
Never heard of a starkled fixture.

MMreef

I am tempted as well,wish I see how SPS grow under them.Hate to change something in my tank that works.

marius

I also agree. Hate to spend money on three of these to replace the halides I have now.
You could always keep the halides. And buy just one unit. See how the corals respond under it. Most likely there will be other group buys once people see results from you and us. You can finish buy the remaining 2 then :)

BADGUS

This is tempting.

I know absolutely nothing about LED's. How do you choose optics?
@Patrick,think of the optic as the reflector on a MH or T5,the wider the angle,the wider the light spread,the tighter the angle the more focused the led will be.Personally i would like the 80* optics on mine as to not have too much light hit the glass and keep the algea from forming as much.Notice that the lights are hung 1ft away from the tank and PAR is still GREAT at 36'' deep.I will get 2units and keep 2mh,then eventually get 4 units total for the 8ft tank.

@Mark,i understand how this must feel,but honestly this IS our future lighting and it all comes down to how you acclimate your corals to the lighting.I'm sure every reefer went thru this phase of uncertainty when going from PC to MH,then to T5 and now to LED.I have 12led's on my nano and i like the nano much better than the 150 just cause of the colors that the LEDs bring out in all the corals.

BADGUS

Here's the most recent email from a few mins ago:
Hi Gus

The LED is 60 degree. The coverage we say that still gives you high PAR values at 24" of water is 24"x24". We measured over 120 PAR at 24" circumference and up to 305 directly under the light at 24" of water. Very significant!. This is more important than what each LED emits as a Lumen. Lumen is subjective depending upon the focused beam and radius. Our end results is how much PAR at what circumference and we show that in our demo. That is what is needed.

With our configuration the Lumen per watt is 180 @ 700ma and we drive each LED ( Based on Bridgelux data sheet for this Power Chip, their testing at 350 ma was 90 Lumens per watt, we run at 700ma the max ma recommended by Bridgelux per LED so 2.4 Watts each x 180 Lumens @ 700 ma = approx 432 Lumens per LED.

The spectrum of the whites is 6500K the blues are 453nm. I have 10K 14K and 20K versions on the way! The unit in the demo is a 10K.

marius

hey guys, this is not bad, i was looking to build one myself, and the cost is 450$-500$ with fedy LED and drivers+heatsinks... not to mention the time i had to put into it.. especially since i dont know what the heck im doing.. hahaha

but for just a little more. you get a unit that you can sell later if you need too.. its 10x better then DIY ( aesthetically pleasing... :) ) and if you can't or dont have time to build one, this is perfect :)

Status
Not open for further replies.