LED help

Joe5688

I'm building my fixture and i'm about ready to install the leds and hook up all the electronics of it. I'm looking for a mostly blue color. It's going to be lighting a 12x12x12 zoa only tank and the leds are 3w. It's going to have dimmable driver so over powering isn't an issue.

Here's my canvas. I'm trying to figure out which way (and how many) of each the leds should be placed.

I have 10 blue leds and 4 whites.

View attachment 13677

jm23

How are you going to mount them? Directly to the metal sheet? Or do you have heatsinks on the other side? I would use them all since you have a dimmer. I always started with the LEDs I had the least of when plotting them out. I would make a square that is 4"x 4" in the center (4" from each side). I would put one white on each corner of that square and evenly spread out the blues from there. Just a thought.

madjoe

Premium member
Just put in a square pattern and make sure u surround whites by the blues i run Like 10 blue and 2 white on my 6 gallon edge

madjoe

Premium member
any reason to do that ?
Just blends better and get a nice blue look its how i did mine and looks good . So mine has blues on ouside then a white in opposite corners of each other since i only use two then blues in between and in center . I like the look zoas seem to love it and get good color. But everyone has there own taste oh i dont have optics either just what came with which is 120 degree. Joe u can take look when u pick up driver if u want