Led lighting

chriz2

Hi everyone
I'm working on my new build and I'm currently trying to decide what type of led lighting. I've been checking out 165 watt full spectrum china lights that are reasonably priced or do I go for the ai sol or radions . The reason I been looking at the China lights is that I need 5 units to cover tank. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

jbmagic

Honestly I think you'd be ok with the china lights. A lot of people think all the China stuff is crap but the truth of the matter is...most of our stuff is made there anyways

98silverado

A lot of people are liking the ocean revive lights. They are dimmable, 2 channel, full spectrum, and they have two models. One with a built in timer and one without

Venom

Premium member
Try talking to Bill from reefledlights who's a sponsor here, He can help out with questions you may have.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
A lot of people are liking the ocean revive lights. They are dimmable, 2 channel, full spectrum, and they have two models. One with a built in timer and one without
I'm one of those people. Great value for the money. I've had mine for a year and they are pretty good.

Raven312

I'm another with the T247 and love them. When I thought there was something wrong I contacted them and they responded immediately and worked with me until I figured it out. Great to see service like that.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

kody1192

I've had ocean revive 32" light for a little over a year I like it a lot but am planning to switch to radions

At first I had the reef breeders. LEDs have a CRI index and other things that make higher end LEDS worth the money. Look up CRI and other ratings of LEDS. I had so many say well that thing is not worth the money, all LEDS are the same. Just do your own research. LEDS are not all built the same, just talking about the CHIPS them selfs. Search LED dreamchips. Now if you don't like to program lights or think it will be hard, I stay stick with the basic 2 channel. I currently run radion G3 Pros. I would only run radion PROS, the UV makes a world of difference. i think there G2 and under are junk. I like to have each channel controllable, the basic 2 channel looks so washed out blue side by side. I ran a reef breeder and G3 Pro at the same time. If i had another reef breeder i would add red/uv to the blue channel. Will it work and grow coral? i have no doubt, Even Adam at battle coral pushes the reef breeders over the radions, states the warm whites work well for him. To me with my full 24 inch deep reef tank and the ability to want to program and mix the colors the PROS are for me. I would love to do a side/side again now that my chemistry is spot on. So i wont say radions color SPS the best, but what the fixture can do doesn't even compare. The control is everything to me.
I would love to try the ATI LED/T5 fixure tho, acans look killer under T5.

3dees

I have been running two Chinese dimmable led units for two years and can't say anything bad about them. better warranty and customer service from reefbreeders or ocean revive but the lights are all basically the same, just relabeled.

kody1192

At first I had the reef breeders. LEDs have a CRI index and other things that make higher end LEDS worth the money. Look up CRI and other ratings of LEDS. I had so many say well that thing is not worth the money, all LEDS are the same. Just do your own research. LEDS are not all built the same, just talking about the CHIPS them selfs. Search LED dreamchips. Now if you don't like to program lights or think it will be hard, I stay stick with the basic 2 channel. I currently run radion G3 Pros. I would only run radion PROS, the UV makes a world of difference. i think there G2 and under are junk. I like to have each channel controllable, the basic 2 channel looks so washed out blue side by side. I ran a reef breeder and G3 Pro at the same time. If i had another reef breeder i would add red/uv to the blue channel. Will it work and grow coral? i have no doubt, Even Adam at battle coral pushes the reef breeders over the radions, states the warm whites work well for him. To me with my full 24 inch deep reef tank and the ability to want to program and mix the colors the PROS are for me. I would love to do a side/side again now that my chemistry is spot on. So i wont say radions color SPS the best, but what the fixture can do doesn't even compare. The control is everything to me.
I would love to try the ATI LED/T5 fixure tho, acans look killer under T5.
All the gen 3 radions have uv now. I have seen the same coral I have under my ocean revive (same as reef breeders) under radions and they just don't look as good. My corals grow and have good color but it's just not the same. The color and growth under the radions is noticeably better

Crued

I have Gen3 Radion PRO units and love them. I am not growing corals, but the flexibility and configurability of the Radions is *awesome*. I love them.

Broadfield

I have owned the AI Vegas, AI Hydra 52's and Radion XR15/30's in the past. On my current tank I'm running 5 of the new AI Primes and they are an absolute great light at $199. I'm getting right at 500 PAR about 6" BLW with the fixtures about 11" AWL. They are perfect for my mixed reef in a 22" deep tank. I now have the fixtures about 6" AWL, but have not retaken the PAR values yet to see if I gained much.

Spartanman22

I've used the OR-T247 for over a year now and love it. I liked it so much I put my Kessil A350 on the frag tank and left the OR-T247 on the display.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mrgouts

I feel like my 32" china led is a bit loud. But haven't had any other type of big led. I do love the look tho. Worth the money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk