LED with T5 supplemation

bennyblanco

HI All -
So I picked up a 36" Prestige LED T5/LED Hybrid from Gus and I'm extremely happy with the fixture. (Longer review coming) It's very well made and extremely simple to program and adjust the output percentages. I'm currently using 2 blue + and 2 ab specials in the T5 slots. The color is very pleasing but I just want to make sure I'm not missing a better combination. I have a couple extra blue +'s, a purple +, and I'm getting a couple ati actinics this weekend. I'm curious to hear what bulbs you would use for this set up and in what position. I used to love my phoenix 14k color so I'm striving for that look.

Thanks!
Brett

brettz16

Hey "Brett" nice to see another one with two T's like you said.
As far as the fixture color combination, i have the Led's at W:30% B:35% C:40% M:0% and t5s as follows front to bacK
Actinic
purple Plus
Coral plus
actinic

I think I'm going to stick with this combo for a while since the coloration is amazing. Il just dial up the LED's slowly in the same ratio.
You need the white(6500k-10k) for good color growth but be careful not to overpower them to avoid bleaching.

I only had the fixture up for about 4 days and i have already see my birdsnest splitting tips like crazy.

Also, Gus said not to worry about running any white/aqua blue special bulbs. My ratio of LED colors is also pretty much based on what he told me. He knows his S#!%

bennyblanco

"You need the white(6500k-10k) for good color growth but be careful not to overpower them to avoid bleaching."

Which bulbs are you getting this range from?

Looks like I'm going to have to get a coral+!

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Hey "Brett" nice to see another one with two T's like you said.
As far as the fixture color combination, i have the Led's at W:30% B:35% C:40% M:0% and t5s as follows front to bacK
Actinic
purple Plus
Coral plus
actinic
Although I don't have the light (yet) I plan on running this exact setup for the T5's. I'm glad to hear you like it ;)
Now I just need to get my lazy a$s to place an order with Gus.

bennyblanco

Although I don't have the light (yet) I plan on running this exact setup for the T5's. I'm glad to hear you like it ;)
Now I just need to get my lazy a$s to place an order with Gus.
I'm actually running mine with the following set-up and am happy with it. I run at a much higher percentage for the whites.

Actinic
Blue +
Coral plus
actinic

DB9181

Tagging along, just picked up a 36" unit for my 75g - although its currently over my 29g since thats where the corals are :)