lenses?

rako1

Premium member
So what is better for taking pic's in my tank macro / micro or zoom lens, I would appreciate all suggestions and why.:hmpf:

rako1

Premium member
nikon D5100 with kit lens that is a 18-55 and i also have a 55-200 zoom 18-55 is a nice lens but hard to reach in to the tank and the 55-200 can reach in but you have to stand back some and sometimes have to go to manual focus not sure if i want to return the zoom and get a 40mm macro no trypod yet but giong to get one. I was looking at the t3i which is nice also but herd there auto focus motor tends to go out after awile and heard nikon makes a better lens

Crooks

Find a tamron 90mm lense for your camera. I will post some good pics if I ever figure out how to use the camera.. until then this is what I get

Crooks

its an auto focas for sure dont know what the s stands for. Not sure about these fancy cameras.

rako1

Premium member
me eather it just says the lens need to be AF-S or AF-I but thanks for the info ill check out that lens

Captmrbles

It is easier to get a in focus pic if you are using your camera on manual mode. The larger the f stop is set to the thicker the depth of field you will get (more likely the eye of the fish will be in focus. Try and set the f stop higher and the ISO higher. Believe the 5100 goes up to Hi-2 which is like an ISO of like 6400.