leopard wrasse

lunacris

been thinking of getting a type of leopard wrasse for my 210 but it will need to be qt'd. been doing some research and getting all types of mixed opinions and methods . what has worked for you ? im leaning towards treat for internals for sure then possibly just monitor for 2 weeks and see if anything shows its face .....lets hear it !

tinman

Last week I saw a couple of blue star leopards at new fish in their qt

new fish qts and observes their fish

madjoe

Premium member
I just chuck em in and treat with prazi. Bought one few weeks ago and put it in fowlr tank have 4 now had five got rid of two because od fighting then had to get megalarius back so tried one in fowlr abd she doing great . I couldnt keep em alive before i come to conclusion was sand bed sat to long not stired. When i did my revamp on tank i stirred sand and cleaned good since then i havent lost one . Also make sure they eatibg when u buy and belly isnt sunken in

sullyman

+1 they can be picky eaters, seem to like pods and are timid fish so easily bullied, but one of my favorite fish.

lunacris

sounds like a group of fish ill have to pass on till i get ahold of some more info on them . beautiful fish but not willing to break my qt process and possibly loose everything including these leopards . thanks everyone for your input

vucious

I got leopard from new fish a couple months ago, eating everything and no issues so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike240g

Premium member
I bought three from blue zoo and kept in my refugium for about 3 months. I had to break down the fuge just to get them out and in the main tank. Had for about 6 months and getting big! Feed flake and nori with occasional Mysis.

vucious

How difficult is it to keep these fish? Live aquaria says "expert". What makes them difficult?
They have not been difficult for me at all. I think once you get them to eat, it's easy as pie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Yeah, I think the biggest problem is that they are finicky eaters and also timid so other fish might scare them off during feeding time.

The main thing is that they ship bad, and usually have some sort of internal worms. Other than that they are fairly easy to keep, have 6 total right now.

rowdie

My normal qt is the tank transfer method (with 5 gallon buckets) for 14 days transferring morning of every 3rd day to new water and cleaned and dried bucket. Then to a 20g gallon long for observation/treatment with prazipro or other medications.

Spartanman22

I have one currently and they are quite simple if eating. Mine finally took to Mysis and brine and is quite active and social.

Spartanman22

I did not qt. I don't qt my fish (I know I know). It's a risk I take but I just do not have the space to accommodate for it. When I have a house and am our of apartments I'll have a dedicated fish room with a full blown coral and fish qt, but for now I just take the risk.

madjoe

Premium member
have more info on your qt ?was it set up recently ? tubes for hiding? treatments ? was it alone ?
Best way to keep these is a acclimation box no need for sand leave in box for a week make sure its eating good treat food with prazi for internals and let the other fish get use to seeing the leopard before putting in tank they get stressed easy and if hideing all the time from being chased they wont come out to eat. Most my fish give up on chaseing new fish after few days . Its great way to get em eating in the box just make sure good water flow the treatment for internals is hardest thing some dont like taste of prazi and sometimes the treatment didnt work make sure when u buy its big and fat and ask to c it eat

fishtank44

have more info on your qt ?was it set up recently ? tubes for hiding? treatments ? was it alone ?
I have couple of pvc in qt for leopard hiding filter box treatment with melafix first day in tank it is hiding in pvc and never see it come out to get food because another fishs chasing leopard.

fishtank44

Best way to keep these is a acclimation box no need for sand leave in box for a week make sure its eating good treat food with prazi for internals and let the other fish get use to seeing the leopard before putting in tank they get stressed easy and if hideing all the time from being chased they wont come out to eat. Most my fish give up on chaseing new fish after few days . Its great way to get em eating in the box just make sure good water flow the treatment for internals is hardest thing some dont like taste of prazi and sometimes the treatment didnt work make sure when u buy its big and fat and ask to c it eat
Some time and some how we got no choice to see fish is eating and getting healthy before we buy