Let's see some Favias!

El Dude

I'm a self admitted relapsed Favia-holic...I'm just now getting back into them. Let's see all your Favias please! I'll start with a few of mine...

First wonder...purple/brown with orange/green iridescence and bright green eyes...

Prism...standard purple/green...

Unnamed...

A LFS here in SoCal just imported this wild colony and broke me off a frag! It's color is similar to a Fire and Ice Favia. Lavender with green ring and red center.

Sorry for the terrible cell pics...they don't come close to capturing the true colors...thanks for looking and sharing!

Cecily

Crappy cell phone picture doesn't do mine justice. Its a really pretty light teal and and lavender color..

Its also not starving to death. It's so fat and ALWAYS gets chunks of thawed raw shrimp.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

El Dude

Cecily that's a gorgeous piece! Wanna trade frags?!?!?! I'll drive over...leave now and be there Monday...lol

Cecily

Lol! Thank you. My husband went kind of nuts on our first eBay auction.. thought it was fun to bid. I ended up with it and I love it! It has a nice spot in my new tank and seems to be thriving!

Do they split? Because I feel like that's what mine is doing.. and why it's always so hungry.

El Dude

Lol! Thank you. My husband went kind of nuts on our first eBay auction.. thought it was fun to bid. I ended up with it and I love it! It has a nice spot in my new tank and seems to be thriving!

Do they split? Because I feel like that's what mine is doing.. and why it's always so hungry.

They don't undergo fission in the sense that zoas do...the eyes/heads will bud new eyes but they will just add to the coral mass itself. There are a few different growth forms: flat, spherical and these crazy ones I've seen coming in lately that have funky branching growth almost like a cactus...lemme see if I can find a pic...nope...I remember seeing a colony pic in a magazine and a colony at an LFS...they're really bad@$$...anyway I'm sure somebody here knows what I'm talking about and knows more than I do...

Oh and if its always got polyps extended that's a great thing...feed it mysis or Artemia sp. nauplii...I keep mine blasted with light so they don't need to feed too much...they do look amazing with polyps extended though!

Cecily

Hmmmmm. Well they WERE just little circles when I got them. Now each circle looks crazy like a kindergartner drew it and have more than one mouth.

I legitimately feed mine CHUNKS of shrimp. They're hogs. I don't feel like mysis is enough for them. Lol.

Cecily

This is almost how it looked when I got it, minus the small head on the side.

El Dude

Wow Cecily! That is some great growth! Once they form two mouths they may be ready to split off a baby...great before and after shot BTW!

Cecily

Thanks! :) I'm surprised I still have that picture. I've only had these guys a few months.. I'm very pleased with their growth now that I look back at that picture!

El Dude

Picked up a sweet "Hamster in a Microwave" Favia...BEST coral name EVER!

Sliming up pretty good...