Let's talk about food

jeffy

So, let's talk!

What are you feeding?

Any special techniques that you always use?

How often do you feed?

jrpark22000

Premium member
fish food? coral food? cat food? troll food? :rofl:

Food's a huge topic. I'm curious to see what people feed, plesae try and include what fish and coral you have. I imagine it'll make a significant difference.

anarchy

I feed mysis and reef frenzy and red algae sheets. Ocassionally I like feeding oyster eggs or cyclopeez

Frozen fed daily

Algae every other day

Fish
Orange shoulder tang
Kole tang
Blue spot rabbit
Flame angel
Lubbocks fairy
Pair of clowns

Coral
Mostly sps but have a variety of zoas, a couple euphyllia, 3 acans and a giant leather and shrooms

york3rdbase

Premium member
Rod's Original, 2x a day, occasionally the fish eggs. My fish don't like the brine shrimp. I have 2 clowns, talbot damsel, cleaner shrimp, torch coral, wellso and small plate coral. Only feed about a dime sized at a time.

Would like to hear feedback as well.

xj_matt

Premium member
Rods food daily , pellets daily , phytoplankton every other day, and,every other week live brine, all food is soked in selcons boost I have a complete mixed reef but mostly zoas and sps,
Fish
3 clowns (1 in sump)
2 Cardinals
1 pygmy angle
1 orange spotted watchmen
1 damsel (in sump)
1 pistol shrimp
1 cleaner shrimp
1 fromia starfish

mlott132

Used to use Rods but switched to LRS and have not looked back. Fish and corals love the stuff!

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Pellets three times a day. A bunch of nori almost every day. Frozen about every other day, mostly krill, and sometimes mysis.

I get clams from the grocery store, shuck them, and freeze them. I feed those about twice a week. My triggers flip out and zoom around the tank when I feed clams. It scares me that they might break my SPS.

I have to feed big foods because my emperor won't even look at it if it's small. Not worth his time and effort.

Crued

I feed Neptune Crossover diet two times a day with the Apex AFS. Then at night I feed 3 days Rods Original and then alternate Hikari Mysis, Hikari Spirulina, and Cobalt Mysis Spirulina flake on the 4th nights.