Light recommendation

Arthur

Hi. I need your advice, please. What Light would you suggest for 20 gal. Nuvo tank? It is 24" long and 13" high. I'm switching 10 to 20 ( it's in my son's bedroom) and don't want to make mistake like I did with smaller tank. That A 80 Kessil for sure wasn't enaugh for SPS...? Thank's in advance... ?

GugsJr

TeamCR
You could go with an AI Prime HD. Recommended is 18" for spread it will do 24, just no sps on the out skirts. You could also go with a Radion XR 15.

Amozoc

Premium member
I saw one post when one guy said AI prime is too small for the nano 20 gl like mine so you can go with the radion or the AI 26 HD i got a Radion G4 and has great coverage

Sent from my iPhone using Thor

Coral Man

Premium member
24” you may need 2 nano lights or one larger light. 2ai primes would be nice or a AI 26hd would. E sufficient.

GugsJr

TeamCR
Yea the one AI Prime HD and it works great over my 21 gallon cube. Though I only use a section over 11x 18 though

conchman

Premium member
I had my Radion 15 on my 20 fusion. I feel it worked fine, it does hit the max spread suggested. Being the 20, I never hit over 45% setting. I really did not have anything at the top too bright.

Arthur

Thank's for all suggestions. I had 2 AI Hydra 26 over my 40 gal. but I sold tank and lights over a year ago... O well will have to find new lights...

superchargedgp

A Kessil 350 or 360 would work. I had over a 60 cube and it worked just fine.
I would go with radion. I had a360we over my 60 cube and sps corals were struggling. I replaced that light with radion and the corals response was much better to that light over kessil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arthur

I'm still looking... Do a lot of resarch. I'm little confused. How come that in" Specification" recommended coverage for prime and hydra 26 is the same 18x18? I thought 26 will cover more then Prime?