Lighting upgrade for 40breeder

Jep21

Hey guys so im debating upgrading my lighting for my 40breeder im not 100% about it yet but im i wanna know ur guys opinion on what im considering.. I currently have a maxzpect razor 180w 15000.. Currently running it 100%blues 60%whites. Im not sure on growth of sps yet since my tank is kind of new and going through the cycles.. but if the light is not compatible with the high light sps i want i will upgrade...

The lights im thinking of upgrading to are either 1 ECOTECH RADION XR30W PRO G3 LED AQUARIUM LIGHT FIXTURE with the fixture arm or 2 ECOTECH RADION XR15W PRO LED AQUARIUM LIGHT FIXTURE with 2 fixture arms lmk what u guys think

tinman

Hey guys so im debating upgrading my lighting for my 40breeder im not 100% about it yet but im i wanna know ur guys opinion on what im considering.. I currently have a maxzpect razor 180w 15000.. Currently running it 100%blues 60%whites. Im not sure on growth of sps yet since my tank is kind of new and going through the cycles.. but if the light is not compatible with the high light sps i want i will upgrade...

The lights im thinking of upgrading to are either 1 ECOTECH RADION XR30W PRO G3 LED AQUARIUM LIGHT FIXTURE with the fixture arm or 2 ECOTECH RADION XR15W PRO LED AQUARIUM LIGHT FIXTURE with 2 fixture arms lmk what u guys think
when i used maxspect razor 120watt .. i ran blues at 100% for 10 hours and whites for 5 hours at 80% .. i tried to raise the whites to 100% for those 5 hours but when ever i tried to do that i saw my coral bleached even sps ... so i think you will be fine with that razor even for high light sps :)

but we all know how it is once we get the itch ;) :marchmellow:

Jep21

when i used maxspect razor 120watt .. i ran blues at 100% for 10 hours and whites for 5 hours at 80% .. i tried to raise the whites to 100% for those 5 hours but when ever i tried to do that i saw my coral bleached even sps ... so i think you will be fine with that razor even for high light sps :)

but we all know how it is once we get the itch ;) :marchmellow:
u got that right that itch is the problem.. but maybe i should be fine since my light is a higher wattage than your old one.. We'll see..lol im just trying to find a justifiable reason to get the radions but the expense of close to $1000.00 plus is a little too much lol.. Thats a lot of diapers, formula, and baby stuff lol

tinman

lol im just trying to find a justifiable reason to get the radions but the expense of close to $1000.00 plus is a little too much lol.. Thats a lot of diapers, formula, and baby stuff lol
Egg-jack-tea-lee

Sent from my iPhone

imranh

You can pickup an XR15w Pro for as cheap as $350 on ebay or a used XR30w Pro (Gen 3) here for $550 which is a pretty good deal. The Maxspect will no doubt grow SPS but I don't know it's ability to color up sticks. If you have a canopy, I'd run a single XR30w Pro with T5 supplement.

tinman

The Maxspect will no doubt grow SPS but I don't know it's ability to color up sticks.
That part is just like any other leds .. I had sps in the top 1/3rd of the tank only under razor and they did just fine in. Terms of color. It even turned some of the brown sps i got as pif into awesome colors

Radion on the other hand is more than powerful and heard wouls grow sps even on sand bed :)

Sent from my iPhone

imranh

Yeah, I'm growing SPS on sand bed with my ReefBreeders at 75% B and 50% W. I'd still suggest an LED/T5 combo as the best from what I've seen.

The reefer

Jeff if u could, I would do 3 radion xr15 on a 40 br. One xr30 radion isn't enough coverage and 2 xr30 is over kill. So I would do 3 xr15.

Radion is the best led light out in the market right now. Plus U have ur MP pumps to sync with them. IMO the razor isn't a good enough light for me, both controllability and looks. I would always do radion over razor. I did switch from a radion to t5 though. But I agree with imranh t5/led is the best looking light out there now. If I could gather the money I would try that ati hybrid fixture. But that is big $$$$$$

Jep21

Jeff if u could, I would do 3 radion xr15 on a 40 br. One xr30 radion isn't enough coverage and 2 xr30 is over kill. So I would do 3 xr15.

Radion is the best led light out in the market right now. Plus U have ur MP pumps to sync with them. IMO the razor isn't a good enough light for me, both controllability and looks. I would always do radion over razor. I did switch from a radion to t5 though. But I agree with imranh t5/led is the best looking light out there now. If I could gather the money I would try that ati hybrid fixture. But that is big $$$$$$
So even if i change the optics on the xr30 it wouldnt be enough coverage u thnk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reefer

So even if i change the optics on the xr30 it wouldnt be enough coverage u thnk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Naw I don't think so. U'll have low par at the ends. The radion is suppose to cover a 24" area. The 40br is longer than that. That's y also on one of the videos by BRS they installed 2 radion a over a 40br tank they have.